DvD Burning am I doing something wrong plz

Hi

I am trying to back up some films i have king kong/harry potter etc but i keep getting the same error using clone dvd2.

[I]D:/Video_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB: Read Error

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

If reading has failed please clean the surface and try again.[/I]

I use to use my panny sonic stand alone dvd pansonics emr 55. But that is up the wall.

I have tried cleaning the surface but still no joy. Why is it i can play the film fine but when it comes to recording it, its a nightmare.

Sorry for rant.

Thanks

A few discs were reported to having the problem you mentioned, recommended solution is to take it back to your place of purchase for an exchange.

are the discs scratched? scratches are a common reason for CRC errors.

also you didn’t mentioned what program you were using to decrypt, what version of that program and also what version of clonedvd2 so I can only suggest to make sure all of your software is up to date.

Google:
First 4 Internet
SunnComm.com
Windows Antispyware Beta
ROOTKIT

please don’t listen to this guy. he’s going around posting in every thread that a rootkit is the problem regardless of the symptoms.

the only thing worse than spammers are spammers that mislead people who are legitimately looking for help.

Sound like you are using nero, I’ve had this error before your disc is most likely protected by Sony encryption. You will need dvd decryptor, or CSS Free program to remove these…
:frowning:

why would you recommend 2 programs that are no longer updated? can you verify that it works with the specific title because I’m pretty sure dvd decrypter will NOT back up king kong and at least the 2 newest harry potter movies (possibly the first 2 as well)

Had no problems with either of the movies using AnyDVD + CloneDVD2. I would check for scratches or finger prints which seem to give the errors which you mentioned.I wouldn’t rule out bad disks either if they are new. Had a few of them myself. Also if they have minor scratches, some drives tend to be better readers than others.