DVD Burners

Okay guys I am new to this so I need some help. I have a 600 Mhz AMD processor and running win98 platform. I want to buy a DVD +/- burner but am not sure if the 8X burners will work. Can’t find any info for the NEC 2500A.

And how much RAM you have?

For the lite-on 411s (that’s the one i have, don’t know for NEC) the system requirements are:

CPU PentiumIII 450Mhz

OS Windows98SE/2000/ME/XP

Memory 128Mb

And it’s also good to have lot’s of free space on your hard drive (min 5Gb, for creating a DVD image or project)

Quoting you PM to me: < I have 512K and 4G on hard drive. >

Do you mean 512Mb or is it 512Kb? If it is 512Kb then your RAM is definitly not enough. If it is 512Mb then it’s more than enough. My only doubght goes to the CPU, i’m not sure if that will be enough…

4G is not enough if you need to first create a DVD folder to the hard drive (ex: movie transcoding).

PS: next time reply on the thread, and not with PM ok? :wink:

I don’t know if I am doing this right or not but here goes. I have 512MB of memory and I will buy another hard drive if I need to. I don,t know if 600 MHZ will let me use the NEC 2500A drive or not. I really want to start with an 8X drive if possible. Platform is WIN 98. Thanks.:bow: :bow: :bow:

It should work. It will be slow, particularly for ripping the movie to the hard drive, but you probably already know that. And you will need a larger hard drive.

PowerDVD says you meet their requirements for playing movies on the computer if you want.

May be time to look into a faster computer though.