DVD burners are my question

Some short questions about DVD burners.

Witch is the DVD format that you can play in any normal DVD player? ¿DVD-R? ¿DVD+R? … Is any brand good for that?

Both can be played in standalone players, but it depends on the capabilities of the player (DVD-R is a little more compatible than DVD+R is…for now at least)

A good site to look up what formats are supported by standalone players is www.vcdhelp.com

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]Both can be played in standalone players, but it depends on the capabilities of the player (DVD-R is a little more compatible than DVD+R is…for now at least)

A good site to look up what formats are supported by standalone players is www.vcdhelp.com [/B]

What I understand is that one of the formats is like a MD (in a box) but CD size. I’ve seen pictures of them but I don’t know what kind they are… ¿Or are they the DVD(±)RW? :confused:

That’s an 8 cm dvd. Nintendo GameCubes use these things.

Normally a DVD player of a well known brand can read DVD+ , DVD- without any trouble. Some can even read DVD-RAM.

These are usually all 12cm discs (like normal compact discs)

Sorry. What I saw was DVD-RAM. And THAT comes in cases like if it were a big MiniDisk.
I think I’ll wait till things are clearer, thanks anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

> DVD-R is a little more compatible than DVD+R
> is…for now at least

Certainly not, this is just a rumour that both
theory and tests prove wrong.

@spath: I haven’t seen any test which proved anything for any format (the ones I have seen only prove that the author was a troll, such as testing an incredible high number of 8 players, or even using broken authoring software to master the DVD image, such as Nero, or using crap discs only (princo, vivastar, ricoh), or burning less than 4480 MB on the dvds, or not trying with both book type settings on dvd+ media and listing the results separately, etc etc)