DVD Burner

I’m Thinking of buying a DVD burner. What is the best one as far as speed and reliability. I want one that will be able to write any cd/dvd without complications. I read a review on a Plextor DVD writer that will write at a
X12 rate. Also, what is a really easy and reliable software to use. I’m using nero right now. I’ve also had really good luck with Lite-On CDRW drives. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I’m Thinking of buying a DVD burner. What is the best one as far as speed and reliability. I want one that will be able to write any cd/dvd without complications. I read a review on a Plextor DVD writer that will write at a
X12 rate. Also, what is a really easy and reliable software to use. I’m using nero right now. I’ve also had really good luck with Lite-On CDRW drives. One other question, what is a generally good all around media to use for backing up DVDs and PS2 games?(I know there are a few DVD disc formats) any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I saw a NEC model ND-2510A (Dual Layer also). How does this one compare with the NEC 2500 that many on this forum rave about? and why do I have a small check mark befor the threads that I post???

I want to get a DVD burner, but which one?

By the way, why do all of the messages that I post end up with check marks on the side?

Thanks for the help

What check marks?

No drive is best at everything, speed, reliability, and reading. Software choice is mostly dependent on personal preferance over interface, like how to click and how many pixels the window should occupy. I like Nero and have always used Nero for most of my recording needs.

Plextor PX-712A and PX-712SA are some of the best available on the market as of yet but 16x drives are joining the market while LG’s cheaper while offering more features.I can’t say LG’s the best since there are always people who want to believe Plextor’s the best everytime. :wink:

NEC ND-2500A is one of the writers that are most preferred here. Lite-On SOHW-812S is probably the next. GSA-4082B is yet the winner in some places. None of them will disappoint you much. Honestly, I’d buy PX-712SA if the price is US$120.

I’m so glad someone finally answered my questions. Thanks Kenshin.
The check mark is usually in the little bubble on the side above the name of the person who posted the message. Anyways, you mentioned the
PX-712SA, I’ll have to do some more research on it. I’ve used Nero for my main burning software as well and it has always worked for me. I have never owned nor have considered an NEC drive before but I guess it’ll be a
toss-up between the NEC 2500A and the PX-712SA that you suggested. Thank you for all your help.