Dvd burner

vbimport

Hello i am in need to burn a 4.45 gb file (Contains loads of episodes) on a 4.48 gb disk. I tryed it in NERO And i would only be able to put 4 episodes on there with it telling me its full :S, But it shouldn’t be because the folder told me it was 4.45 gb now i dont know maybe it takes up some GB for the menu and stuff. so is there any other program that will let me burn this folder onto my disk and work with a dvd player?>

Try shrinking it first with DVD Shrink which is free

You probably have .AVI files and nero is converting them to DVD format. DVD (MPEG2) video has a practical limit of 2 or 3 hours per disk. You should be able to copy them to a DVD as Data and if your DVD player can play .AVI you’re golden. If you need them as DVDs then give FAVC a try.

[QUOTE=Gass.;2092695]Hello i am in need to burn a 4.45 gb file (Contains loads of episodes) [B]on a 4.48 gb disk[/B]. I tryed it in NERO And i would only be able to put 4 episodes on there with it telling me its full :S, But it shouldn’t be because the folder told me it was 4.45 gb now i dont know maybe it takes up some GB for the menu and stuff. so is there any other program that will let me burn this folder onto my disk and work with a dvd player?>[/QUOTE]

What media would that be?
4.37gb is the limit for a DVD5.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2092803]You probably have .AVI files and nero is converting them to DVD format. DVD (MPEG2) video has a practical limit of 2 or 3 hours per disk. You should be able to copy them to a DVD as Data and if your DVD player can play .AVI you’re golden. If you need them as DVDs then give FAVC a try.[/QUOTE] Ye i noticed that anyway dvd cant play avi but atm im goin save them as data anyway and i will try your program

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2092725]Try shrinking it first with DVD Shrink which is free[/QUOTE]
thanks i will try that also

[QUOTE=chef;2092869]What media would that be?
4.37gb is the limit for a DVD5.[/QUOTE] Its AVI but now i noticed it converts so thats why it takes up alot :stuck_out_tongue:
So ye Teddy + Jimbo will i be able to fit all of them on to dvd disk as a dvd with them files?

As I said, 3 hours is about the limit for a watchable DVD. I’ve put 8 22 minute episodes on a disk and they don’t look as good as the AVI source.