DVD Burner won't work and is emitting burnt plastic smell

vbimport

Like the title says. I have a Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB-Plus burner. I have used it once before to make a back up of one of my games. It worked great. I literally just got this thing back from the manufacture because they sent me a non-overburn one despite it saying it had overburn capabilities. I have had it unplugged for over 10 mins and it still is making that smell. Thanks for any help.

And? …where is your question?

[QUOTE=chef;2729691]And? …where is your question?[/QUOTE]
I guess the question would be: “is it normal that it is emitting a smell like burned plastic”? :slight_smile:

Well… hmm… probably not. What were you doing when it started doing that?

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2729740]I guess the question would be: “is it normal that it is emitting a smell like burned plastic”? :-)[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. That’s the “new” smell when you unwrap new presents :slight_smile:
Should fade away within two seconds though.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2729744]Yes it is. That’s the “new” smell when you unwrap new presents :slight_smile:
Should fade away within two seconds though.[/QUOTE]

Definitely :slight_smile: Smell will wear out after dust start settling in :bigsmile:
Thou some might occur unusual sensation with [I]brand new[/I] stuff as they’re accustomed that someone else [I]already test[/I] hardware they just bought before them (buying prebuilt configurations, or just by reusing second hand stuff in their past)