Dvd burner with external exclosure urgent help

vbimport

Hi all…

As i thought my dvd rom was spolit, i went to bought a new one. My old dvd rom sometimes can burn sometimes cannot. With the new one, i also face the same problem.

Then could it be the cable or the external enclosure which is spolit instead? Need help, thanks…:bow:

[QUOTE=vasilli07;2029381]
As i thought my dvd rom was spolit, i went to bought a new one. My old dvd rom sometimes can burn sometimes cannot. With the new one, i also face the same problem.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds strange. I have had a lot DVD-ROM drives but none of them was able to burn a disk. Only my burners can this. You have really very special DVD ROM drives… :slight_smile:

But now I’m seroius :flower:

[QUOTE=vasilli07;2029381]
Then could it be the cable or the external enclosure which is spolit instead? Need help, thanks…:bow:[/QUOTE]

Tell us more about the drive brand and type and your system. It may be the cable but it could also be the system itself. Maybe you have installed a “copy protection software” without knowing it. There are a lot reasons possible…

[QUOTE=TM;2029395]

Tell us more about the drive brand and type and your system. It may be the cable but it could also be the system itself. Maybe you have installed a “copy protection software” without knowing it. There are a lot reasons possible…[/QUOTE]

Ok. Sorry, think i got it wrong, mine are all burners, using roms, so easier for me to type. :cool: My old one is a sony and the new one is LG.

I don’t think it’s the system problem as the problem started when i am still using my old pc. (Using a laptop now, same problem) During my old pc time, i started to get some coasters, maybe 1 in 4/5 but the problem got worse now. Once it starts burning, it stops burning. Not even 1% is burnt.

The strange thing is both roms can still read and play dvds.

Any idea how to test if the usb cable is faulty or the external enclosure is faulty?

@ vasilli07

If you anticipate receiving meaningful assistance with your problem you are going to have to provide exact detailed information on your current LG DVD Burner and External Enclosure.

Required pertinent information would be ->

Model Number and Firmware version of your LG Burner.

Manufacture Name and Model Number of your External Enclose. The type of connection interface you are using with your External Enclose (USB or FireWire).

The above information is the very minimum of information required but providing any additional information will be helpful. It might to useful to provide the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (Example: TYGO2) of the blank Media you are attempting to use. To obtain Media MID information suggests using DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com/). What Operating System are you using and what “Burning” software programs are you using. All this type of information will assist Forum Members in determining exactly what you problem might be.

Regards,
bjkg

Model Number and Firmware version of my 2 burners.

1. Sony DRU-810A - 1.0F
  2. LG GSA-H55N Double Layer 20x - 1.03

Manufacture Name and Model Number of your External Enclose. The type of connection interface you are using with your External Enclose (USB or FireWire).

I should be using usb. Attached some pictures of my exclosure.

I have used different medias, all same results. Using verbatim make-in-japan now.

As for programs, i tried imgburn, nero and cdburnerxp. All same results as in burning coasters.

vasilli07: Please post an error log so members can help identify the source of your problems or at least narrow them down.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2029523]vasilli07: Please post an error log so members can help identify the source of your problems or at least narrow them down.[/QUOTE]

How do i do that? I am using imgburn, nero and cdburnerxp.

@ vasilli07,

To obtain an IMGBurn Log click on “View” located on the top menu bar and then “Log”.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2029827]@ vasilli07,

To obtain an IMGBurn Log click on “View” located on the top menu bar and then “Log”.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

OK…i tried it but the burning always get stucked in the leadin. Got no choice but to end the program and switch off my dvd writer. If i don’t do that, i cannot stop it. Already wasted about 5 dvds today. :confused:

@ vasilli07,

Until you provide an IMGBurn Error Log for Forum Members to analyze it will be difficult for Forum Member to provide meaningful assistance.

Are your receiving any Error Warning Narrative or any Error Codes? Is so provide this detailed information.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2030041]@ vasilli07,

Until you provide an IMGBurn Error Log for Forum Members to analyze it will be difficult for Forum Member to provide meaningful assistance.

Are your receiving any Error Warning Narrative or any Error Codes? Is so provide this detailed information.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Will this help? :rolleyes:

Hi,

there is a strong indication for interface issues. Maybe the enclosure is bad (or at least a component of it), or something is wrong with your USB controller (not very likely since you tried the unit with different PCs).
Any chance to try the drive installed internally?

Check the internal cabling of your enclosure, also try another USB cable.

Michael

@ vasilli07

Have you visited the Manufacture Web Site of your External Enclosure and ensured that you have the newest most current up to date Driver for your External Enclosure.

Have you ensured that your DVD Burner is properly installed and correctly connected in your External Enclosure

In Device Manager ensure that under the heading Universal Serial Bus Controller that there are no Red or Yellow warnings displayed.

Ensure that you are using the USB 2.0 protocol and not the USB 1.0 protocol.

Suggest obtaining a quality USB Connector Cable and ensure that it correctly connected to PC and External Enclose.

Regards,
bjkg