DVD burner/player

vbimport

i have DVD burner and whenever i play dvd, it jurks like half a second pause and they play and so on and so forth. Any idea, if it is software or hardware. My CPU usage is ok. like 50%, when it starts DVD and otherwise 2%

Are you talking about burned DVD’s or commercial one?
If this is on commercial once, I would try to clean the reading head, if that does not solve it, get new drive.
If it is happening on burned once, than it most likely is a bad (cheep) media, resulting in a bad burn.
Other possibility is also that your video card is too slow, or not enough memory.
What is your machine specs?

[quote=CDuncle;2052102]Are you talking about burned DVD’s or commercial one?
If this is on commercial once, I would try to clean the reading head, if that does not solve it, get new drive.
If it is happening on burned once, than it most likely is a bad (cheep) media, resulting in a bad burn.
Other possibility is also that your video card is too slow, or not enough memory.
What is your machine specs?[/quote]

Thanks Bro. yes, you are right, i am using burned dvds. But i faced similar problem, when i was trying to transfer my brother’s marriage movie from Mini DV (camcoder)to laptop. The movies runs but with bumps. My machine is AMD Turion-64, ML-37 with 1.5GB RAM.

[QUOTE=imranghaffar;2052226] But i faced similar problem, when i was trying to transfer my brother’s marriage movie from Mini DV (camcoder)to laptop. The movies runs but with bumps. My machine is AMD Turion-64, ML-37 with 1.5GB RAM.[/QUOTE]

I am little at loss here. Your machine is a pretty powerful one (dual core laptop), but from what you are saying about a movie. I would suspect that a video section has not enough processing power to display continues motion. Unless you are talking about movie which was burned to DVD.
I would take it back to the shop and see what they say about it.

Also how much room do you have left on a hard drive?
If jerkiness come when you play a movie from it.

What happens when you try to play a pressed, storebought movie?

What player are you using?