Dvd burner on this computer

i bought a computer. Its about a year old. i have clone dvd 4.0. I note there are 3 different burning engines. Internal, VSO, and NERO. I have TDK dvd-r’s to burn on. The dvd burner in my computer, which is a compaq, stopped burning dvds giving me some bullshi* error over and over. i tried for months to get it working, looking around forums and never fixed the stupid error. I got a lot of money at work one night, and bought a BRAND NEW dvd burner. im not a hundred percent sure of what it is, being that ive thrown away the box, but i know its a “HP DVD BURNER 1040D”, i believe the light scribe one, most likely this exact one

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Lite-On-20x-DVD-Writer-DH-20A4P-08/sem/rpsm/oid/198547/catOid/-12975/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do.

I didnt have a way to burn my dvds for some months, so i just backed them up on my hard drive. i am now trying to enjoy them on my television. here we go.

Ive gotten a “successful” burn from the Nero engine, but it refuses to be played in any dvd player, other than my computer. That makes no sense to me.

I tried the VSO engine. It fails about 25% into it.

Then i tried the “internal” engine. again it fails.

I dont get it.

i’m sorry, but you have bought an inferior product, that clonedvd is not the one supported on the section of the forum.

clonedvd from slysoft.com is the one for this forum.#

you could try and update your burns firmware, also try and use verbatim media

@ keytarface,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest viewing the CD Freaks CloneDVD Forum Read First posting titled “CloneDVD Elby/Slysoft” ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f74/clonedvd-elby-slysoft-199324

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1937982]

Welcome to the Forum.[/QUOTE]

opps, missed that.

welcome to cd freaks

hey thanks for all the help. im a little confused, are you saying i dont have slysofts clone dvd? that would make sense, it doesnt look the same as the old clone dvd, i just thought they redesigned their software. also, ive heard of updating firmware, how do you go about that exactly? is verbatim media sold in stores? thankyou,

• stanley

[QUOTE=keytarface;1938145]hey thanks for all the help. im a little confused, are you saying i dont have slysofts clone dvd? that would make sense, it doesnt look the same as the old clone dvd, i just thought they redesigned their software. also, ive heard of updating firmware, how do you go about that exactly? is verbatim media sold in stores? thankyou,

• stanley[/QUOTE]

Best advice would be to check with www.slysoft.com and find the real CloneDVD from their site…they are the original CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 not the Clone DVD 4.0. So where did you buy that version at then? Yes, they do sell verbatim at store but that depends on where you live in which country and what is available there as well…
Firmware update is depend on your burner model and make…so you need to know that before you can even start the firmware update process…what O/S do you have? You should be able to go to device manager and see what make and model you have…and if not you will have to take it out of the case and see what the label drive says for the make and model. The you can go to the manufacture web site and look for your product there and then you can from there locate your firmware update if it needs it.