Dvd burner not seen

dvd fab will not see dvd burner. Have lateset version all the sudden pc will not see dvd burner, only sees it as cd-rom. what happened? Tried new dvd burner no fix HELP!!!

[QUOTE=tw316;2312485]dvd fab will not see dvd burner. Have lateset version all the sudden pc will not see dvd burner, only sees it as cd-rom. what happened? Tried new dvd burner no fix HELP!!![/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a bad cable from the motherboard to the drive.

They’re only a couple of bucks, so I suggest you change it, and let us know the result.

OC

:slight_smile:

I had this happen to me as well. I had a Sony DVD burner (SATA) that went bad. Windows only saw it as a cd-rom drive all of a sudden. The wierd part is that my IDE burner worked fine. I replaced the Sony drive with a blu-ray player drive and it works fine. In my case, the drive itself was bad. In your case, it could be an IDE or SATA controller that went bad, or it could be the cable. Do you have two burner drives? When I tried to select both for burning, I could only get one or the other to come up as a burner drive. The other would be shown as a cd-rom. If you have two drives, check the other one and see if that one is bad as well.