DVD burner not recognized as burner in nero

[qanda]This thread is about the LG DR385 Super Multi DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello I have recently been trying to copy movies that I have burnt many years ago. The dvds are not encrypted I simply making copies of previously burnt dvds.

The problem I am having is that when I try to use copy dvd in Nero my dvd burner doesn’t show up in the destination drive menu it only shows up in the source drive menu.

I have a dvd rom drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B and the DVD burner is an LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B. The actual product wasn’t in the drop down menu for LG so the title of the thread is wrong. Sorry!

The LG is the burner but in nero the HL and image recorder (to hardrive) show up in the destination drive. In the source drive the LG and HL show up.

Both are on seperate IDE channels and the LG is set to master with the HL as slave.

Is it possible this is a setting problem in my BIOS or does some of the software need to be reinstalled?
The person who built my computer took it back and changed things around many years ago and for some reason it won’t work anymore. I used to be able to copy like i am trying to do no problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a dvd rom drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B and the DVD burner is an LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B

Ya got it backwards.

You have a GSA-4163B burner, it can be both source and destination. The DRD8160B is [B]only[/B] a DVD reader, it can only be a source drive.

Thank you. Ya I figured that out after I sent the post but I am still having the problem that I can’t copy cds using both drives. Before I could put a cd in and do a direct on the fly copy but now I am having no such luck. If I put the options so that it reads from the dvd drive that is a reader and have the destination drive as the burner drive it does not give me an option to burn.