DVD burner not finalizing dvds?

For some reason unknown to me, my DVD burner has stopped finalizing DVDs. This happened before in the past, and after weeks of searching up the problem I was still unable to fix it and had to format my hard drive and reinstall my OS (Win XP Pro, SP3). However, I would very much like to avoid that this time. I have used all sorts of different programs, from CloneDVD2 to Nero 9, and both do the same thing. Even in their own report logs, everything looks fine, but the disc is never finalized. If I look at the DVD, I can see the burn marks from where it got burned. But, it isn’t finalized, and nothing can detect it; not a DVD player or even my hard drive. My hard drive thinks it’s a blank disc when I put it in.

It’s a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M drive. I have an HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop. If you can figure this one out, you are a god. I have spent a lot of time researching this and have been on many different forums and websites and have not had much success, and no one else has been able to help me either. I’ve even uninstalled the drive from device manager, and rebooted my computer and let Windows do it’s auto install on the thing - still didn’t work. I tried system restore and that did not work either. I don’t know what else to do. Again, I would really prefer not having to reformat my hard drive and have to reinstall Windows again. Thank you in advance and I hope someone can help me fix this!

help? anyone?

Can anyone help me with this? It looks like not a single person can help! I thought this was the best place to go for something like this.
I’m using TDK DVD+R discs if that helps…

205 views and not a single reply?
Can’t someone knowledgeable please help me out? I figured this website would be the best place to go but apparently there isn’t anyone knowledgeable on this matter to be able to assist me. CDfreaks/club myce sucks. Thanks for nothing. What a worthless waste of time.

Please post a logfile here.