Dvd burner/media advise

vbimport

Hello all,
First off I need some advise and direction for burner purchase. I have been reading and learning so much from this site. I am leaning towards the nec 3520 burner from newegg. From what I’ve read, it seems like a descent burner. My question, what media brand works well with this burner and do I need to be concerned with the plus minus? Everyone seems to like TY. I have Nero and Roxio. I mainly will be making copies of some concerts I have on dvd for trading. My system is a p4 2.0, 512 rdram, win xp. Thanks from a noob…

Use Made in Japan 8X DVD+R media from Fuji. Watch for Best Buy sale.

Look in the NEC thread, and I’m sure you will find that there are other medias that work good with this burner. For example, I’ve had very good success with Ritek branded + and - media, on all my burners. But if it is important or critical, I use verbatim or taiyo yuden.

i have a nec 3520 and it is working on every thing i gave it so far (Maxell x8 DVD-R, TDK x8 DVD+R and even some old memorex CD’s).
just ordered some Taiyo Yuden x8 DVD+R from supermediastore after reading how much people like them here on this forum…

… I don’t know why people only talk about the Fuji that is made in Japan, but I have used ones made in Taiwan and I have yet to come across a bad one.

NM :iagree: