DVD Burner in new HP Pavillion dv2500

I’m trying to find out what type of burner shipped with this new HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. The only info I have is: Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H WH66 (ATA)

I’m burning DVD Movie ISOs in IMGBurn at 4x using genuine TY02 media, and in this burner I am getting an unrecoverable error when doing “Verify” in IMGBurn every 2-3 burns. This isn’t normal. I know it’s not the media. I’ve had maybe 3 coasters from appx 500 of these same discs in my other burner.

If there’s anything else I can do, i.e. run a program to give more info about this burner please tell me. I’m hoping I can re-flash it and get much better stability. Could Vista be the culprit?

open up nero cd-dvd speed and the drop down box at the top will tell you what make and model number of drive you have

free download
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

[QUOTE=Bjproc;1973047]open up nero cd-dvd speed and the drop down box at the top will tell you what make and model number of drive you have

free download
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/[/QUOTE]

It didn’t say anything except the exact same name that I posted in my first post.

I think that model were discussed here in cdf somewhere. search :iagree:

[QUOTE=chef;1973328]I think that model were discussed here in cdf somewhere. search :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Really? Because if I do a search for “Pavillion dv2500”, “Slimtype DVD DS8A1H WH66”, and “DS8A1H WH66” the only single hit returned each time was the thread I started two days ago.

Try with “DS8A1H”.

So it seems to be a [B]LiteOn[/B] drive w/ [B]LightScribe[/B] technology. It’s [B]firmware version[/B] is [B]WH66[/B]. It’s not much, but it’s a start!

Yes it is a LiteOn drive.
And the LtnRPC works fine with it.
Now my drive is region free.

Where did you find the LtnRPC for this, I’ve searched high and low, but I’m not sure which LiteOn drive the slimline one refers too, and I don’t wish to flash it until I have the correct version.

Btw, love the site, and I’ve flashed every other drive I’ve had over the last few years for region free… I Love you guys!

Can someone give me this Firmware?