DVD burner full (HP DVD630e)

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD630e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am trying to burn some dvds of a slideshow I have made and my dvd player (under properties) tells me I have used all the space there are no bytes left. How do I empty it??? Thanks Betlou:confused:

It sounds like you either have a disc that is not blank in your drive or you need to clear up some hard drive space before you burn. You need to be a little more specific in what you’re doing, for example what programs are you using to create the slideshows and what are you using to burn, etc. The more info we have the easier it is to help.

I have tried 3 different burner software and the all say the same thing. that the dvd is invalid of not blank. I have a new package and have tried all of them and its the same, even tried another type of dvd. So I went to the properties of my dvd burner and it showed the disc totally blue and said not space left that I had used it all up. My slideshow software is “Memories on TV”, the other ones I have tried are “Nero burning rom” and “Record Now”. I am also using lightscribe and I can etch the pictures on the other side but it just won’t let me burn the video. Surely there is someway to clear the used up space. I just assumed when you burned a disc that all the info went on the disc I was not aware that it was taking up bytes in my harddrive. I have burned many, many disc. I am a sports photographer and I make dvds of football, basketball games and sell them to the parents.

Are you using a dvd-rw? If you are you may have to format it first. Sometimes Nero does cache files in a temp directory before it burns, but it doesn’t always do it, depending on files size. What type of file are you trying to burn? Is it a video_ts folder, an exe, etc. You may also want to try Imgburn. I think it gives a more helpful error message or prompt if something goes wrong. It usually makes suggestion to help fix the problem as well.

I am having the exact same problem, did you ever find a solution?

[QUOTE=Betlou;2166522]I have tried 3 different burner software and the all say the same thing. that the dvd is invalid of not blank. I have a new package and have tried all of them and its the same, even tried another type of dvd. So I went to the properties of my dvd burner and it showed the disc totally blue and said not space left that I had used it all up. My slideshow software is “Memories on TV”, the other ones I have tried are “Nero burning rom” and “Record Now”. I am also using lightscribe and I can etch the pictures on the other side but it just won’t let me burn the video. Surely there is someway to clear the used up space. I just assumed when you burned a disc that all the info went on the disc I was not aware that it was taking up bytes in my harddrive. I have burned many, many disc. I am a sports photographer and I make dvds of football, basketball games and sell them to the parents.[/QUOTE]