DVD Burner EASY Question for you experts

Hello Everyone,

First off I am not to computer savvy, not as well as I thought at least.

So please excuse my probable ignorant questions.

I recently purchased LightScribe SuperWriteMaster Speed Plus DVD burner for very cheap.

I’ve hooked up several other cd units before,but never a burner.

For some reason this burner has tiny ports on the back of it (2 of them, right next to each other/one long and one shorter) but my IDE cables wont fit into any of them. I plug a black plug (not sure what it is) into one and was able to open and close the burner but it wont read discs or anything.

Can anyone tell me what I need to get this thing to work? Please help!!!

Thanks,
Tad

The new burner probably has a SerialATA (SATA) interface. If your motherboard doesn’t have a SATA interface you won’t be able to use it - get it replaced with an IDE drive.

Hello,

My harrdive itself seems to be connected by a SATA interface?

Is it possible to add more sata cables? Also my haddrive SATA thing is small are there different sizes?

My dvd burner has two slots right next to each one long/one short. Would I need one long sata wire or 2?

Thanks for all the help!!!

best,
Chad

One is data, the other is power.

[QUOTE=confusedcomputerguru;2237297]Hello,

My harrdive itself seems to be connected by a SATA interface?

Is it possible to add more sata cables? Also my haddrive SATA thing is small are there different sizes?

My dvd burner has two slots right next to each one long/one short. Would I need one long sata wire or 2?

Thanks for all the help!!!

best,
Chad[/QUOTE]

You can have as many SATA devices as the number of SATA ports available on your motherboard. You need both a SATA cable and a free SATA power connector from your power supply (wide plug). If there are none available there are 4-pin molex to SATA power cable adapters available.