DVD Burner died (quality of last few burns ?) + DVD-Audio

Hello guys,

Hopefully some people with more knowledge than myself could answer a couple of question I have…

QUESTION 1.
This week I burned for the first time some DVD-Audio discs eg. compiling 6 or so normal CD’s onto a DVD as DVD-Audio format.
I burned about 16 over the last 4 days, today my 3 year old Lite-On165P6S DVD burner died.
Does burning DVD-Audio discs wear down your DVD burner faster than burning normal CD’s and DVD’s, or is it more likely a co-incidence that my 3 year old burner has died the same week I burned a bunch of DVD-Audio discs for the first time ?

QUESTION 2.
When burning the last 16 DVD-Audio discs I burned over the last 4 days my burner showed no signs at all of having any problems, until I put a disc in any it didn’t work anymore (just whirred and ticked and stopped).
Are the last few DVD-Audio discs I burned before my burner died likely to have errors ?

Thanks in advance for any info / opinions !

Cheers

Probably you refer to “mp3 DVD” or DVD with mp2 audio files by this.
This is ALL just plain data, a Video DVD is the same, just with a restricted structure…

[QUOTE=chef;2244567]Probably you refer to “mp3 DVD” or DVD with mp2 audio files by this.
This is ALL just plain data, a Video DVD is the same, just with a restricted structure…[/QUOTE]

Hi, no the “DVD-Audio” I am refering to is saving multiple CD’s as FLAC (lossless format) and burning them to DVD as “DVD-Audio”, no compresseion, so they remain 100% full quality as the original CD, yet this way you can fit 6 or so CD’s on a single DVD.

[QUOTE=bomber2007;2244590]Hi, no the “DVD-Audio” I am refering to is saving multiple CD’s as FLAC (lossless format) and burning them to DVD as “DVD-Audio”, no compresseion, so they remain 100% full quality as the original CD, yet this way you can fit 6 or so CD’s on a single DVD.[/QUOTE]

FLAC is no fileformat associated with any DVD format.
CDDA/AudioCD uses the 16-bit 44100 Hz stereo RIFF-WAVe format.

@OP, back to-topic at hand…

Does burning DVD-Audio discs wear down your DVD burner faster than burning normal CD’s and DVD’s, or is it more likely a co-incidence that my 3 year old burner has died the same week I burned a bunch of DVD-Audio discs for the first time ?

Wear and tear…It happens!..

When burning the last 16 DVD-Audio discs I burned over the last 4 days my burner showed no signs at all of having any problems, until I put a disc in any it didn’t work anymore (just whirred and ticked and stopped).
Are the last few DVD-Audio discs I burned before my burner died likely to have errors ?

Maybe! if you had used a ‘verify’ feature/setting, that would certainly have helped…You could use DVDInfoPro to check for any errors on your burned media…
Or just play them and find out…:wink: