DVD burned on PC;unable to play on stand-alone players

hello
i downloaded a MKV file(4.585122GB) and burned it onto a Memorex DVD +R DL disc using ConvertXtoDVD program The DVD plays fine on my custom built pc on LG DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 burner. When i play try to play it on my standalone DVD players/recorder i get no satisfactory results-on the panansonic dvd player i get no play on any kind and on the JVC(DR-MV150B DVD video recorder i get the disc starting but freezes and i get no movement by the fast forward or skip buttons.

You’ve used the wrong type of DL media. We do not recommend Memorex media, especially their DL disks.

I suggest using Verbatim brand DL disks, and burn the dvd-video with ImgBurn, since it will set the layer break correctly. ImgBurn is a free burning program found here: www.imgburn.com

Burn at 4x speed, regardless of whether you get the 2.4x-6x or 8x variety of Verbatim DL +R disks.

Does the converted video play properly from the hard drive before burning? If you haven’t done so, test with your normal software for playing dvds…like PowerDVD, WinDVD, or a free player like VLC.

Also DVD Recorders are very “picky” with discs. Could be the layer break or a low quality burn.

As kerry suggested use IMGburn + Verbatim and burn at 2.2x (never burn faster for DL depite what the media is rated) then you should have a good burn. You can try the Memorex again at 2.2x using IMGburn but they are very bad media :frowning:

[QUOTE=frankmazuca1980;2561136]hello
i downloaded a MKV file(4.585122GB) and burned it onto a Memorex DVD +R DL disc using ConvertXtoDVD program The DVD plays fine on my custom built pc on LG DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 burner. When i play try to play it on my standalone DVD players/recorder i get no satisfactory results-on the panansonic dvd player i get no play on any kind and on the JVC(DR-MV150B DVD video recorder i get the disc starting but freezes and i get no movement by the fast forward or skip buttons.[/QUOTE]

First part is did that downloaded movie *.mkv file play correctly before you used Convertxtodvd??? You never mentioned if you even was able to watch the mkv files correctly before the converstion?? As one poster said burning at a slower speed for DL would help getting a better burn but I had fairly good results with Memorex DL when burning at slower speed and they played fine as well it all depends on alot of other factors from drive type and burn speed and what and if your multitasking when doing the burning? You have to remember the next time your burning DL media that it takes alot of CPU, Memory, HDD resources to do it’s task and interrupting it anywhere along that process is bound to have problems down the line and watching the movie as well…

Unreliable source file, crappy media, what should be the outcome??

[QUOTE=chef;2561426]Unreliable source file, crappy media, what should be the outcome??[/QUOTE]

so true… :Z