DVD burned as DVD+R mistake not DVD-ROM?

vbimport

Just wondering I backup my movie DVD to blank DVD+R but was backup as booktype DVD+R? So if I was to copy that DVD+R and then booktype the new backup to DVD-ROM would there be some problem with the new copy that was made from the DVD+R mistake then recopied back to DVD-ROM booktype?

I hope I understood correctly your question :slight_smile:

Booktype has nothing to do with data integrity, so if you can retrieve all data from the +R disc, you can burn them on another +R disc changing booktype in ROM. This will not affect data on the disc :slight_smile:

Yeah, that was about it like you said I guess it was a confusing questioned asked. But yes, I didn’t realize they were burned DVD+R til I used anydvd to see what format they were and saw they were DVD+R which they should’ve been booktype to DVD-ROM. But it is good to know I am able to do that without much trouble. And yes I did check the size of the accidental burned DVD+R compared the reburned DVD-ROM and they showed same size just the only difference was one was +R and one was -ROM. But I do notice that if it isn’t burned as DVD-ROM my computer doesn’t pickup the movie as fast. But it will play and recognize the DVD+R movie dvd. It was that I like to keep them all one same format in case the standalone that I play them in bulks at the DVD+R formatted movies media thus ruinning my movie night.

The booktype has nothing to do with the data on the media itself, booktype is set DURING the burn.

Usually computer drives are not that picky about +R discs. The most picky were older standalone players.

I wonder if a firmware update will improve drive performance :slight_smile:

Well in this instance it did I used the link to libby ROM site and checked with the NEC program and the DVD+R was set to DVD+R not DVD-ROM but DVD+R DL was set to DVD-ROM how and why I am not sure totally. But I flashed with libby optiarc firmware and changed my booktype so for either DVD+R and DVD+R DL is now set to DVD-ROM on the burns. I went back and found the DVD+Rs thought were burned as DVD-ROM and there were many that where burned as DVD+R so there lies in the work. I will go back and reburn them to DVD-ROM. Wasting of good DVD+R media but they are cheaper then DVD+R DL in this case to reburn them-bought 200 DVD+R for the reburn job. So that is what I plan on doing now but I will use my desktop to do the reburn as it does it faster then the laptop DVD burner as that takes longer. But if not for libby site, I would have been looking forever since the original optiarc firmware wouldn’t allow me to booktype the drive firmware but libby modded firmware did allow me to do that. And now all is one happy family… wheewww :doh:

[QUOTE=geno888;2571906]Usually computer drives are not that picky about +R discs. The most picky were older standalone players.

I wonder if a firmware update will improve drive performance :)[/QUOTE]

In this instance libby firmware mod that allowed booktype settings was the route to go the factory firmware doesn’t allow booktype settings changes.

[QUOTE=chef;2571785]The booktype has nothing to do with the data on the media itself, booktype is set DURING the burn.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know I figure that but wasn’t sure and now the process is to reburn the DVD+R mistakes to DVD-ROM. Of which I bought plenty of DVD+R to go back to DVD-ROM.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2576958]In this instance libby firmware mod that allowed booktype settings was the route to go the factory firmware doesn’t allow booktype settings changes.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I’m sure you meant Liggy. :wink: