HI ALL

MY SPEC

WINDOWS MCE 2005
120GB HARD DRIVE
1GHZ ATHLON PROC
9550 ATI 128mb GRAPHICS
PHILLIPS DVDR 1066PI DVD WRITER
512MB DDR RAM

MY PROBLEM IS THAT I INSTALLED A NEW DVDRW TO DAY AND ACCORDING TO THE BIOS ITS FINE. I HAVE COPYED AND PASTED MUSIC FOLDERS ON TO CD-R AND THEY WENT ONTO DISC NO PROBLEM THROUGH WINDOWS, BUT WHEN I TRY TO MAKE A DVD DISC USING NERO OR CYBERLINK SOFTWARE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IN BOTH. AFTER ABOUT 3% OF THE BURNING PROCESS MY PC JUSTS GOES INTO A BLANK SCREEN AND I HAVE TO REBOOT THE PC ITS ALMOST LIKE THE HARD DRIVE OR PROCESSOR DIES ON ME. IS IT THE SOFTWARE > NOT SURE OR DO I HAVE A HARDWARE PROBLEM ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

CHEERS
DANNY

Post your Nero log here. It could be any of many things. Posting the log file will help sort it out. Also, if you have Sonic DLA or INCD installed it could cause problems. It could also be that your dvd drive is in PIO mode instead of UDMA. You can check that in control panel/system/hardware/devices, under your primary and secondary ide properties.

i am in UDMA mode and the problem started b4 i installed nero i was using roxio and cyberlink b4 that i think its a hardware problem but i dont know what could it be the processor or heat inside the pc. thanx 4 reply

If you believe it to be heat related, just open up your case, and place some sort of fan to where it blows into your opened case, and try burning again.

iv just copied an avi file over to a dvd disc through media center no problem so copying a file over on to a disc is not the problem it seems to be crashing and screening out when its in the write process so is that going to be down to hardware again thanx for reply

What brand of media are you using. Use Nero CDSPEED to find the media code. You can also try to create a dvd using CDSPEED, then run a disk quality scan on it. Your problem could be hardware, it could be media, it could be software, it could be your burners firmware and the media you are using. Easiest way to find out is to start eliminating things one at a time. Start by posting the media code for your media. And, your Nero log would show potential problems as well. Just remember to remove your nero serial number before posting it here.

Dude, posting in capitals is RUDE. Ah, you fixed it, good.

Probably you have too many similar softwares installed that interfere each other, from what I think.

thanx all for the reply iv got rid of all software apart from winavi. i dont think a lot of you understand what im saying. its not my writer , firmware , or blank media. as i said before iv tried to burn movies to an image on the hard drive 3 times with different software with the same problem . but writing an image to hard drive has nothing to do with my media or dvdrw. ???

Roxio and Nero don’t mix. Uninstall all Roxio programs., then uninstall Nero with Nero’s General Cean Tool, then reinstall Nero. This will remove any bad drivers and registry entries of Roxio that have been left over after the uninstall.