DVD/Blu-ray's to show 20 seconds of unskippable warnings

vbimport

DVD/Blu-ray’s to show 20 seconds of unskippable warnings.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/[/newsimage]The six major movie studios will be placing two unskippable ten second copyright warnings on all their new DVD and Blu-ray releases starting this week, which appear after pressing 'Play' at the main menu.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdblu-rays-to-show-20-seconds-of-unskippable-warnings-61574/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdblu-rays-to-show-20-seconds-of-unskippable-warnings-61574/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

All of us consumers need to add all the time together till we get about 8 hours each & then send the FBI ,ICE ,& the new one IPRCC a bill for our time.
Of course the problem with that is the first two are government agencies who would pay with tax money so it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I guess the correct ones to bill would be the MPAA & IPRCC.
I know that we consumers won’t be able to do that but it sure feels like it when they force us to watch warnings .
How about them doing it Mission Impossible style this message will self destruct in 5 seconds . Appearing only the first time a DVD is played . That way the warning is given & the consumer is not punished over & over.
Maybe if the US can get Obama out of office there can be some repeals of legislation he has supported.

“Anyone who has watches DVDs” … You need to work on those proofreading skills, Seán. LOL.

Doesn’t bother me since I rip my Blu-ray movies to MKV files.

So if I rip a movie I was never going to buy anyway, how is that hurting the economy?

Of course, we can always just rip the DVD, remove the nag screens, and burn it to a new disc. Problem solved, and the MAFIAA and their bought-and-paid-for bitches in government can kiss our asses.

@cholla: If you seriously think that a Republican administration and a Republican Congress is going to be any better, I’d like to know what you’re smoking and where I can get it, because it seems to produce very high quality delusions.

@ MJPollard , Unfortunately the lesser of two evils & at least a little hope of not being so much in the pocket of the MPAA . Probably in someone elses pocket & that might be just as bad.
The Republican party is running a Republican version of Obama with Romney anyway .
Politically speaking .

Where are men like George Washington or Thomas Jefferson when we need them .
Unfortunately long dead is the answer & we’re not likely to have any new one like them.

BTW ; I don’t smoke anything as far as drugs are concerned but I sure smoke some good pork chops .
So to get what I’m smoking go to the meat market , Get a Brinkman double smoker , Get some hickory chunks & get to smoking.

I know this is old - but still valid. That’s the difference between buying an original movie or using an illegal copy

There is a reason I rip and play movies off the hard drive anymore. I do movie only backups and am never troubled by these inane warnings.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2633816]There is a reason I rip and play movies off the hard drive anymore. I do movie only backups and am never troubled by these inane warnings.[/QUOTE]
With this they will be there even on your hard drive rip.
You will have to fast forward through them . Unless you edit them out with an editing software.
If I understand “movie only” won’t remove them. They are “embedded” .

Lots of free MKV / VOB editors out there, and no need to recompress. It’s a non-issue, really. There is nothing they can break/add that can’t be fixed/removed. God, I love the 21st century. Now, if we can just get a 60" OLED television for under $1,000…

[QUOTE=MJPollard;2633797]Of course, we can always just rip the DVD, remove the nag screens, and burn it to a new disc. .[/QUOTE]

:iagree:…I know that’s what I’ll do if they pull that stunt here (UK).

LOL@Liggy :iagree::iagree:

What a great way to punish customers who are actually buying.

What an even greater way to “educate” people on something they’ve already heard, yet could give less than a damn about.

Most young people are going to see this as a commercial for the RIAA & MPAA… and promote piracy even more…

That’s just crazy.

How to alienate your customers in one easy step.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2633817]With this they will be there even on your hard drive rip.
You will have to fast forward through them . Unless you edit them out with an editing software.
If I understand “movie only” won’t remove them. They are “embedded” .[/QUOTE]
I can do that too, easily enough, though it is another step to take. VideoReDo can cut mpeg2 files properly and not cause issues.

Blu ray is another kettle of fish though. With three different video codecs to worry with, and a much broader selection of audio, I would need something beyond my normal tools.

Original Blu-rays = Endless warnings, trailers, DRMs, and I’m paying to see the Disk only in Windows PCs, (Oh, and I have to buy the software player to decrypt the disk) or in Blu-Ray players.

Piracy= See it where you want (Linux PCs, tablets, mobile phones,etc) without any kind of Nags.

And come on, I bought a DVD and I have to be remindered that piracy is a crime? I Bought it to see it not to pirate. If I wanted to pirate it, I download it, instead for paying for it.

Just like DRMS on Pc Games you have less problems running a pirated game than a original one.

It’s hard to be a honest guy.

This is the reason why i hate original Disney DVD/Blu-Ray discs. They come with even more unskippable commercials. For the love of everything: If the device can remember where i was in the movie, it sure can remember that i have seen all those commercials and skip them in the future.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2633836]Most young people are going to see this as a commercial for the RIAA & MPAA… and promote piracy even more…[/QUOTE]

That unfortunately is what is going to happen - rather then stop it only helps to enhanced piracy and make it even grow bigger.

[QUOTE=darkalien74;2633865]Original Blu-rays = Endless warnings, trailers, DRMs, and I’m paying to see the Disk only in Windows PCs, (Oh, and I have to buy the software player to decrypt the disk) or in Blu-Ray players.

Piracy= See it where you want (Linux PCs, tablets, mobile phones,etc) without any kind of Nags.

And come on, I bought a DVD and I have to be remindered that piracy is a crime? I Bought it to see it not to pirate. If I wanted to pirate it, I download it, instead for paying for it.

Just like DRMS on Pc Games you have less problems running a pirated game than a original one.

It’s hard to be a honest guy.[/QUOTE]

They always go after the wrong person and in the end the studios get nothing in return…but get bad publicity instead for their stunts that does nothing to stop piracy or stop their own GREEDS…

[QUOTE=Liggy;2633807]I know this is old - but still valid. That’s the difference between buying an original movie or using an illegal copy

[/QUOTE]

I like this diagram…haha the MPAA/RIAA should put this on their labels as well. :Z This is why I backup the dvd and play the backup and just jump to movie menu and forget all that trash…You better patent it Liggy or someone might claim you stole it lmao…maybe the MPAA/RIAA might said you stole their idea… lol

Back in the days of VHS rentals I had a reel of anti-TV ads from AdBusters and I would surreptitiously add one or two to the end of the tape before returning it to the vid store…At least people weren’t [I]forced [/I]to watch them.