DVD Backups for dummies?

vbimport

Hi All!

I have experience in the copying of data and audio cd's but I am new to the DVD game (got my first player for my B-Day). Can anyone tell me if bakups can be made? If so, what hardware do I need (a DVD-Rom AND DVD Burner?); also, what software (Clone CD?), and what blank media?

I guess I need to know if it can be done and if so what tools I'll need.

BTW - will this method work for PlayStation II games?

Thank you in advance for your help!

SkyDog

well…in my experience found a sweet prog called smartripper it does great in ripping the .vob files from the dvd to the comp. have a lot of space though on sys…most dvd’s are around 3.5gb on your sys. then you must use a prog like dvd2avi to convert it to an .avi or a d2v file…if you’re looking for a .mpg to be the final product add the program tmpgenc. that will convert the d2v and audio file made into the finished .mpg. there are also sites online that explain this process…do a search on yahoo or another search engine. easy to find info on this subject:D

Hope i helped,
Bamaman2K

Use dvdeo

If you wanna backup PS2 games,you can use FantomCd …make the image and load the PS2 profile when you burn it…you can’t do PS2 games with CloneCd if the game is on dvd,CloneCd works only for cdr…

GO to.megagames.com they have tons of Burning tools and I use ISO scan and DiscJuggler:p

If you wanna backup PS2 games,you can use FantomCd …make the image and load the PS2 profile when you burn it…you can’t do PS2 games with CloneCd if the game is on dvd,CloneCd works only for cdr…

Burn the image to what,cd-r or dvd-r?cause as far as i know,if the ps2 game is dvd based u have to burn it to a dvd or are u able to burn them to cd-r?

i got about 10 cdr PS2 games that are on cd, but i don’t know how they were made.

[the game data is reduced on all copies but cutting out movies and other stuf like intros and special features]

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]i got about 10 cdr PS2 games that are on cd, but i don’t know how they were made.

[the game data is reduced on all copies but cutting out movies and other stuf like intros and special features] [/B]

Probably, they are CD based PS2 games…Not DVD based

no, they’re dvd based. they are:

SSX Tricky
Dave Mirra BMX 2
Dead or Alive 2
Gran Turismo 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Jak + Daxter
Pro Evoloution Soccer
Red Faction
SpyHunter
TimeSplitters
Tony Hawk’s 3
Wipeout Fusion

wipeout + red.fac. are 2CD

l8er.

[ps- i can get any other title if i buy it xcept the odd 1 or 2 eg:silent hill 2 ;)]

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]no, they’re dvd based. they are:

SSX Tricky
Dave Mirra BMX 2
Dead or Alive 2
Gran Turismo 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Jak + Daxter
Pro Evoloution Soccer
Red Faction
SpyHunter
TimeSplitters
Tony Hawk’s 3
Wipeout Fusion

wipeout + red.fac. are 2CD

l8er.

[ps- i can get any other title if i buy it xcept the odd 1 or 2 eg:silent hill 2 ;)] [/B]

That is really nice mate, where did you get CDs from? Did you get CDs from computer fair near Machester?

you COULD go and copy over to a bin/cue with the old version of cdrwin and then go and burn to a dvd-r or you could get the version of it that has the cut movies and cut audio tracks (most aren’t cut just downsampled) and burn that to a cd-r which would be way cheaper. either method works.

L8r people…lookin for a person that can rip dreamcast to help with wsb2k2. got files just cant get boot to work.

Originally posted by uglyduck
That is really nice mate, where did you get CDs from? Did you get CDs from computer fair near Machester?

yes, but i have got rid of about half of em cos i sold my originals as well!

i hope ur not being sarcastic.

the movies are non existent in these game and that must be the reason they will fit on a cd. i didn’t get the cd-r’s from manchester, the actual copies [ripped, edited and burnt by someone else]

yeah some people rip the whole movie from them just to be able to play the game…which isn’t that great without the movies. but anyways figure i’ll get this thing to stop telling me it’s a new post this time :smiley: