DVD Backups don't work

vbimport

Hi guys, i’m hoping sonemone can help me. I’m trying to backup my sopranos DVD’s. It appear to work successfully but when I play any of them they ust skip to one scene midway through the disc and freeze up.

I’m using Any DVD and DVD shrink for this. i’m copying to Verbatim +R.

Anyone got any suggestions?

What software are you using to write (burn) to the DVD disc ?
Have you burned discs successfully before using the same method ?

Using Nero, never tried before.

I don’t use Nero . My suggestion is to use the freeware ImgBurn & if not sucessful with it post the ImgBurn log.
For someone that might be able to help more with Nero . What version ?
Also is your AnyDVD the latest version ?

I think there might be one newer version of anydvd as far as I know this should work on a dvd of this age.

I’m not even sure if a problem of this nature is a decryption issue?

I would tend to agree with it not being a decryption issue. It just never hurts to use the latestversion.
Have you tried using the rip features of AnyDVD to rip to your hard drive then compressing with DVDShrink or is that the way you are doing it ?

This is how i,ve been doing it. I’ve just had a thought to slow burning speed down on Shrink, i’ll try this and let you know how it goes!

DVDShrink doesn’t burn. You are either burning with Nero , DVDDecrypter , or ImgBurn if you have the version of DVDShrink that uses it.
A good rule of thumb is half the maximum of the discs rating.

[QUOTE=jimmymac01;2546445]Hi guys, i’m hoping sonemone can help me. I’m trying to backup my sopranos DVD’s. It appear to work successfully but when I play any of them they ust skip to one scene midway through the disc and freeze up.

I’m using Any DVD and DVD shrink for this. i’m copying to Verbatim [B]+R[/B].

Anyone got any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Be sure to finalize the DVDs.

Are you using a DVD player five years old or older to play the Verbatim [B]+R[/B] discs?

Some older devices have difficulty with [B]+R[/B] DVDs, especially those manufactured before DVD[B]+R[/B] became widely available in the marketplace around five or six years ago.

The DVD Forum, a consortium of equipment manufacturers and others, first recognized DVD[B]+R[/B] as an “official format” on 25 January 2008.

If you want wider compatibility use the original home-recording format, [B]DVD-R.[/B]