DVD Backup to Dual Layer DVD? 1:1?

vbimport

I read a post where someone said that the new Dual Layer capability now allows us to make a 1 to 1 copy. If that is so, will the copy now be the same quality as the original, etc…? Isn’t that what a 1 to 1 copy is? Just a mirror of the original?

If that IS the case, what program would you recommend me using to make these Dual Layer backups? Please advise.

Yes.

Isn’t that what a 1 to 1 copy is? Just a mirror of the original?

Yes.

If that IS the case, what program would you recommend me using to make these Dual Layer backups? Please advise.

DVD Decrypter. It does both the ripping and burning. Plus it’s freeware. :wink:

Sweeeet! This is what I’ve been waiting on! Ever since I got my first DVDR drive, I have put off doing ALL the DVD backups that I’ve wanted to do(TONS Of them) until I could do a 1:1 type backup. Cause I knew as soon as I started, this technology would come out and I would want to re-do all of them.

With DVD Decrypter, will I have to run a program like AnyDVD? Or does DVD Decrypter do everything? Will I have to burn the image in Nero?

I’m going to look in the media forum, but does anyone have a recommendation for Dual Layer Media for the Lite-On 832S? I wish I hadn’t of just purchased a bunch of blank “Single Layer” DVDs :(.

Thanks for the info. Code.

DVD decrypter does everything, just select iso mode and read the iso, then burn it in write mode

Ok… Thanks

Now it will take 6 months or longer for the DL media to become affordable. =[

You just had to spoil the party didn’t you! :stuck_out_tongue: