- Are you backing up more files than will fit on a single DVD?
Not for the moment and I don't expect that the database I'm planning to backup grows more than 4.GB in several years.
Right now I need to backup 2 folders which together sum 1GB.
- Do you want to just make full backups every time, or do you want to perform incremental and/or differential backups?
Full backps will be used everytime. It doesn't matter if the information is rewritten. I just need to have the newest records from the database.
- Should the backup be in a standard format that can be restored without using special (the same) software, e.g. as folders and files or Zip archives, or do you want additional features but in a proprietary archive format?
No need for special format. I just need to be able to read them on Windows Explorer in case I need to use the backup files.
- Does it have to be freeware or can it be commercial software?
I would like to have both options if possible.
- What exactly do you mean by "automated" ?
For example this database folders are backed up automatically to an external USB drive as soon as the drive is plugged on the USB port.
I would like to do something similar with DVD +/-R backups if possible.