DVD Back-up making with a Laptop

vbimport

Ok, the only system I have with a DVD-RW is my laptop, I want to find a program for the simplest was possible to burn decent quality DVD backups using the single DVD-RW drive I have.

Is this possible, and if so what is the K.I.S.S. software title I should buy.

There’s a lot of good stuff out there like anydvd/clonedvd, dvdshrink, dvdfabdecrypter, dvddecrypter and Imgburn. Most of them are free.

Of the tools that rapidfire mentioned, the AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 combo will give you the best results with the easiest interface. If keeping it simple is really your main objective you can not go wrong with those products.

quality media is an absolute MUST for working backups.

please, please, please take the time to browse the blank media forum and the bargain basement for media recommendations and where to get great media at great prices. there’s a ton of info, but here are teh cliff notes: verbatim and taiyo yuden are the most recommended regardless of make/model of drive.

the above posters hit the nail on the head with anydvd/clonedvd2 from www.slysoft.com

also, be sure that your burner has the latest firmware as this can affect write strategies and burn quality as well.