DVD Authoring

vbimport

My company is interesting in developing an application that will use Nero to author DVDs. From what I have read in the docs, the process appears to be pretty straight-foward.

The question I have concerns media types. For the most part, our videos will be either .avi or .mpg files. After I’ve “told” Nero that I want to write a file to the DVD, does it automatically handle the encoding process? What about the DVD format, does Nero put everything in the correct format before it writes the DVD or is this something that I will have to handle myself.

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I am just getting started and I need to be able to tell my superiors whether this project is doable or not.

Thanks!

Barry

I’ve “told” Nero that I want to write a file to the DVD, does it automatically handle the encoding process?
Yes, you can use NeroVisionAPI for this. All files will be transcoded to the appropriate format.

What about the DVD format, does Nero put everything in the correct format before it writes the DVD or is this something that I will have to handle myself.
Everything is done for you by the API. You should only prepare the media files.

Cool!!! Thanks Alex.