DVD Authoring audio help (DVD lab pro 2)

Hey there! First time here and I need help fast!! I am using DVD lab pro 2 and making a fan project using DVD+R DVDs. On a NTSC version I am using MP2 audio and at 96 Kbps at 48 Khz. Everything is great BUT when I burn then play in my DVD player I get the “split-second” loudness of the video. Should I encode at 192 Kbps? or instead use AC3 audio encode for NTSC instead of MP2? Or might it be my cheap 25 dollar DVD Player?

Help please!!

If I understand your question, you may want to run the audio through an audio editing program and normalize it (adjust loudness to the same level throughout). Audacity is free and can do this. You should look at this wiki page about normalize and amplify functions on multiple audio channels using Audacity: http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Amplify_and_Normalize

I always use AC3 sound when making NTSC dvds in DVDLab Pro. MP2 is supposed to be supported in NTSC dvd video, but AC3 definitely works.

I believed I solved the problem!!

thanks!

It would be nice to say how you fixed the problem.
This is the way people on this forum learn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2235834]If I understand your question, you may want to run the audio through an audio editing program and normalize it (adjust loudness to the same level throughout). Audacity is free and can do this. You should look at this wiki page about normalize and amplify functions on multiple audio channels using Audacity: http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Amplify_and_Normalize

I always use AC3 sound when making NTSC dvds in DVDLab Pro. [B]MP2 is supposed to be supported in NTSC dvd video, but AC3 definitely works[/B].[/QUOTE]
Actually for NTSC DVD-VIDEO AC-3 and PCM are part of the spec. MP2 is not.

[I]A similar standard exists in countries using the NTSC system, though with no requirement mandating the use of or support for the MP2 format. [/I]

MP2 usually works with NTSC, even though it isn’t “mandated” MysticEyes. There are some players that don’t like it alone though, so it is usually better to have an AC3 track as well, or simply make the audio only AC3, which is my procedure when producing my own dvds.

No need to split hairs.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2236576]MP2 usually works with NTSC, even though it isn’t “mandated” MysticEyes. There are some players that don’t like it alone though, so it is usually better to have an AC3 track as well, or simply make the audio only AC3, which is my procedure when producing my own dvds.

No need to split hairs.[/QUOTE]
From the limited details the OP provided on his no audio project:

On a NTSC version I am using MP2 audio

The logical conclusion would be the [B]out of spec[/B] MP2 audio, as “There are some players that don’t like it”.

I just converted the MP2 to AC3 and burned at 4-8X and it came out perfect for NTSC format!