DVD audio to I-Pod

vbimport

Hi, :slight_smile: I am new to this “club”. I have some concert dvd’s that I want to get the music onto my I-pod. :confused: Is there any free softwares out there that will do this?

Any help appreciated.

Well, you can make the .vob files into mpegs with a converter (like WinAvi Video Converter), then use a software to demultipley the video so the audio will be in a .mpa and the picture in a .mpv(for that I usually use DVDLab 'cause it does such a nice demultipleing, though Pegasys DVD Content Creator trial made a nice job too). Then you can put the .mpa on the Ipod (if it’s not supported then you need to get an audio converter that will convert the .mpa into mp3) So basicly it can be doe with like 2-3 softwares, though I can not come up with a free one but I might find one on the net (maybe, though I doubt it just as I doubt there would be a much easier way).

BTW.: Thinking back you might be able to use Peagsys DVD Content Creator (trial - wich is free, limitation is only that it will only work for 30days) to make an mpeg video and an mpeg audio file then u only need something that can put it into wav or mp3! :slight_smile:

Don’t know the software but I’ve seen it posted on our mainpage before: DVD Audio Extractor. A quote:

DVD Audio Extractor is a powerful software DVD audio extracting / ripping tool. It can help you to extract audio streams from your favorite DVDs and save them as OGG, MP3 or Wave files. DVD Audio Extractor can also demux audio streams directly to pcm, mpa, ac3 or dts files.
You can download a trial version from their website to try it out.

Welcome to the forums and let us know if it works of course :wink:

There is an excellent guide for this in the Audio section of the forum. Check it out!