DVD Audio Ripper Software

I’m looking to purchase software to rip the audio from my music DVDs ( to wav and AC3 formats). So far I’ve come across:

Aimersoft DVD Audio Ripper
Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper
imtoo DVD Audio Ripper
Castudio DVD Audio Ripper

Does anyone have any thoughts on the respective merits of each of them? Which is best for wav and AC3? How about support - any experience?

Is the AC3 the same quality as the DVD?

Thanks for your help!

There are plenty of free ways to do it. The ‘Search’ function up there will help you find them.

Don’t know any of the software you mentioned in your list - but I would suggest that if you’re going to pay for software make sure it has a full free trial, so you can test it out and make a proper comparison.

One that has been suggested by a few people here is AoA DVD Ripper - link below. It has a wide range of features, and has good tutorials you can look at to find out more info.

http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm

If you have Nero 8, apparently this will also allow you to rip from DVDs.

People also use DVD Decrypter to extract AC3 files, also DVD Fab Platinum.

There seem to be a lot of ways to do this, and I don’ think you have to spend any money unless you really decide that you like a piece of software better than anything else around.

Do try the search function “Rip DVD Audio” will give you a lot more info and opinions - this is a popular subject :slight_smile: