DVD Audio Rip

vbimport

I have done a search and could not find an answer to my question…

I am using IMTOO DVD Audio Ripper 4 and want to convert to MP3 Highest quality from a live DVD.

I have used the volume detect and also set the vol manually to its lowest setting (1). The sound level is still too high and is distorted when played back on my Hi-Fi…

Also I have tried converting to WAV then to MP3 variable bit rate this still made no difference to the sound quality but the strange thing is original WAV and the straight to MP3 rip were both 8min 34 secs long but the converted WAV to MP3 file was 6mins 46 secs (all the song is there) which doesn`t seem to make sense as they were all done from the same rip…

I`m not too bothered about the time question but I wondered whether it might have some relevance to the sound quality.

The real question I would like an answer to is the sound level, am I missing something out or is it IMTOO cannot give a good sound level on the original rip, if not are there any other programs which will give more control…

Thanks in advance…

Cool Edit or Adobe Audition will allow you to turn down the volume when you copy the file after ripping.

Slytrans69, thanks for the reply. I had thought of that but I believe because the sound is already distorted it won`t be possible to use that method…