DVD Audio (LG GSA-H55L DVD Writer)

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H55L DVD Writer. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am having trouble writing DVD’s. This lightscribe unit has been nothing but a headache since installing. Whenever I burn a disc the audio is out of synch. Sometimes just a millisecond, others 4 or 5 seconds. I am using convertxtodvd to burn and have tried different burn speeds. I also tried nero 7 and all I get when I try to play them on a DVD player is some wierd menu, no picture and some audio. Is there a better free software program I can download to burn with where audio and video are in synch?
Thanks in advance.

I seriously doubt the audio sync problem has anything to do with the burner itself. ConvertXtoDVD is fairly well regarded as a conversion program around here. Do you have the latest version?

If you want to try another conversion program, there are some free ones like FAVC, AVStoDVD and DVDFlick. They aren’t as polished as some of the commercial choices, but work for most people.

Another commercial program to look at would be TMPGenc Authoring Works 4. Not free, but there is a trial for testing.

Are you certain your source files are good? Sometimes corrupt downloads are part of the problem.

The files are fine. I watch them on the hard drive and they are perfect.

Still no luck.

Check to see if the audio used in your original files is mp3 with variable bit rate. It is often times a cause for audio/video sync problems and some converters don’t handle it very well. Examine them with MediaInfo or Gspot video utility.

There is a tool available in VideoReDo, called the Quickstream Fix tool, which can often times fix the audio sync problems in the finished mpeg2 files or dvd files. Neither version of VideoRedo is free, but the trials that are available for download are fully functional. If you are getting finished dvds, I’d try the VideoRedo TV Suite first.

I’ve heard there is a similar tool in Womble Mpeg Video Wizard DVD, but I haven’t used it.