DVD audio for car

Hello,

I own a mitsubishi galant, and have been trying to an audio dvd by using Nero 7 Ultra edition, I tried making a DVD data disc, and also a DVD audio disc. I’ve been using DVD+R disc as well. I’ve seen it done by someone I know but, I don’t know how he has done it. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome!

first and most important question is: Does your car unit support DVD (audio) playback? Read the manual if you are not sure.

Additionally, you need special software to create DVD audio discs.

Michael

[QUOTE=buzze;2409894]Hello,

I own a mitsubishi galant, and have been trying to an audio dvd by using Nero 7 Ultra edition, I tried making a DVD data disc, and also a DVD audio disc. I’ve been using DVD+R disc as well. I’ve seen it done by someone I know but, I don’t know how he has done it. Can someone help me?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Is it DVD Audio you’re talking about or simply audio on a DVD?

If it’s the latter and your equipment supports mp3 playback then it’s much simpler to burn as a data disc and fill it with MP3s.

You’ll fit an enormous number of tracks onto a DVD though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

audio on dvd

[QUOTE=buzze;2410444]audio on dvd[/QUOTE]

As far as I’m aware it’s not possible to create a DVD with normal CD Audio.

Your easiest option is to create MP3 [U]data[/U] CDs (or DVDs) providing your system supports this.

Car systems supporting MP3 playback are very common these days.

At least that’s the case here in the UK.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It would have to be MP3 as data on a DVD,
At least on my vehicle’s DVD unit.
I was curious so I burned a DATA of .wav & the DVD unit wouldn’t play it.
I think it would be the same if the unit was just audio vehicle CD player.
I guess this software sort of does this.It converts to PCM or AC3 .At least that’s what I got from reading about it.
http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/index.htm