DVD and Blu-ray discs continue to be most popular sources of video content

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD and Blu-ray discs continue to be most popular sources of video content[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-cea-Content-Entertainment-Infographic-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-and-blu-ray-discs-continue-to-be-most-popular-sources-of-video-content-70649

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Online content is a convenience for disposable content like series, news and sport.
Anything you want to keep, you want your quality to be better than grainy lowest common denominator bitrate video with stereo soundtrack.

Bluray stomps all over the competition for quality and exportability (sharing).

Agree with debro

^^ So do I. Online content doesn’t come close to matching blu-ray quality and almost certainly never will.

Although I do sometimes buy digital copies, I usually prefer physical copies of movies. This is particularly true if the works are restricted protected by DRM. DVDs can’t really be taken away from me as easily as something from iTunes, Amazon, or wherever damaged works are sold.

Blu-ray FTW!! (For the win!)

I still wish that HD-DVD had won the battle between it and Blu-ray a few years back, but no matter. I agree with what others have said on here:

Blu-ray is much better than streaming, each and every day.

[QUOTE=debro;2721243]Online content is a convenience for disposable content like series, news and sport.
Anything you want to keep, you want your quality to be better than grainy lowest common denominator bitrate video with stereo soundtrack.

Bluray stomps all over the competition for quality and exportability (sharing).[/QUOTE]

True but not everything is on BD media currently or the conversation is cost prohibited from doing so. DVD or BD is far better then streaming ever dream of. And I like to have my physical media and you will have pry it from my cold dead hand… :a