DVD 9 Preferences glitch

I set it to DVD 9 in the preferences but it still defaults to DVD 5. So, I have to select DVD 9 before transcoding.

bump

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but when you changed it in the preferences to DVD9, did you then press OK in order to save your changes?

If you prefer to copy in DVD9 and do not need all the customise and copy to mobile options then DVDFab HD Decrypter is probably the best option for you, and it is completely free. There is no DVD5 option for it to default back to.

Try totally uninstalling DVDFab using XP’s Add/Remove programs control panel, then reinstall from a freshly downloaded file [B]only[/B] from the home page.

No offence is intended by this observation, but preferences not sticking sometimes means that the installer file has been downloaded from an illegal site, and/or that the registration code was not purchased.

By the way, my advice would be not to have both the full program and the cut down freeware version installed at the same time. At least on my system, this caused all sorts of strange problems until I realised my mistake.

reeman50 :o

This bug has been around forever and a day. I’ve reported it in the past but somehow it seems to get overlooked. Also at random DVDFab asks for a dual layer disc even though one was inserted. For your sake I hope this gets fixed, but I doubt it. I think a lot of people use DVD5 discs rather than DVD9, this may be why it has been overlooked for so long. Because of this and other inconsistencies, I’ve moved on.

[QUOTE=skypx;2011216]This bug has been around forever and a day. I’ve reported it in the past but somehow it seems to get overlooked. Also at random DVDFab asks for a dual layer disc even though one was inserted. For your sake I hope this gets fixed, but I doubt it. I think a lot of people use DVD5 discs rather than DVD9, this may be why it has been overlooked for so long. Because of this and other inconsistencies, I’ve moved on.[/QUOTE]

When I select DVD( the only time it resets back to DVD5 is if I make a change in any of the settings like going from main movie to full disc or something in common settings.
If you make all of your selection first and then select DVD( just before you click Start this issue never happens,…this may be why it is not fixed or looked into because it is the order you are setting your choices.