DVD 5 Platinum stays on trial version

vbimport

I just purchased DVD Fab 5, installed the key and I still have the trial version screen popping up when I open DVD FAB, saying I have 30 days left with the trial version. Do I have to use the trial version for 30days before this screen disappears.

Thanks

How did you install the key?
Did you double click on the key file?

[QUOTE=Elwash;2052963]I just purchased DVD Fab 5, installed the key and I still have the trial version screen popping up when I open DVD FAB, saying I have 30 days left with the trial version. Do I have to use the trial version for 30days before this screen disappears.

Thanks[/QUOTE]naaa i think you just need a key for v5 > http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

Be sure to select v5 in the drop down.

[QUOTE=Bob;2052966]naaa i think you just need a key for v5 > http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

Be sure to select v5 in the drop down.[/QUOTE]

That did it, Thanks!!!

[QUOTE=Elwash;2052974]That did it, Thanks!!![/QUOTE]:clap: kewl :cool:

[quote=Bob;2052966]naaa i think you just need a key for v5 > http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

Be sure to select v5 in the drop down.[/quote]

Tried all that. Got the reg code via email and tried to register with the file and with copy and paste. Neither one worked.

Maybe because I just bought it today but I it did send me a code for 5.

[QUOTE=skingery;2053820]Tried all that. Got the reg code via email and tried to register with the file and with copy and paste. Neither one worked.

Maybe because I just bought it today but I it did send me a code for 5.[/QUOTE]Did you choose v5 from the drop down?

Yep. The name of the file I got in the email response is Key.DVDFabPlatinum5I never registered a 4x version and 5 is beta still so maybe that is it. Or maybe I need to uninstall everything, install 4, use my original version 4 code then install 5 and try the 5 reg key.

It’s busy now though :cool:

[QUOTE=skingery;2053844]Yep. The name of the file I got in the email response is Key.DVDFabPlatinum5I never registered a 4x version and 5 is beta still so maybe that is it. Or maybe I need to uninstall everything, install 4, use my original version 4 code then install 5 and try the 5 reg key.

It’s busy now though :cool:[/QUOTE]I really don’t know what to tell yeah as you are a new buyer so…

Try to fill in your code in the ‘About’ window (click on the ? mark in the upper right corner) when DVDFab has started.

So I figured out how to get mine to work…

I am using Windows Vista. I right clicked on the icon that runs DVDFab (the monkey on blue :cool:) and changed the properties and set it to prompt to be run as administrator. Then when it ran I put in the reg code and it all worked! Thing is, if I don’t run as admin it appears that is is back in trial mode. Whacky Vista. I’ve had experience with this in the past and it usually has to do with programs writing to an area of the windows registry that Vista deems is only for admins.
What eva… its working!

[QUOTE=skingery;2054558] when it ran I put in the reg code and it all worked! [/QUOTE]I never was able to get the registration to work using cut and paste, but downloading and saving the registration key file, then just clicking on that to open it has always worked flawlessly for me on all versions.

Yeah I tried that too. Nothing worked in Vista until I started running it as Administrator.