Dutch consumers to pay up to €5 per device to compensate copyright losses

vbimport

Dutch consumers to pay up to €5 per device to compensate copyright losses.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/10/HJUqlD.png[/newsimage]The Dutch government has decided that Dutch consumers will need to pay copyright fees when purchasing computers, smartphones, set top boxes, audio and video equipment and HDDs, starting in 2013

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dutch-consumers-to-pay-up-to-e5-per-device-to-compensate-copyright-losses-64508/](http://www.myce.com/news/dutch-consumers-to-pay-up-to-e5-per-device-to-compensate-copyright-losses-64508/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

So then it’s not piracy at all. Dutch consumers will have prepaid!

Christine is right…:slight_smile:
And if they would do the same here in Belgium,I could happily live with that,…IF…the governement declares that we can download whatever we want without getting BREIN,SABAM.the RIAA and the MPAA on our backs.
However,the extra taxes on cd-r,dvd-r,tapes and some other empty media exists already quite a few years here,but there’s still DRM and we still can’t download freely…
IMHO,it’s just another consumer tax,without getting something in return…

This assumes all users a guilty! Then I agree, ChristineBCW is right they have prepaid, but I bet that’s not the way it will be looked at by the usual bunch of … that constantly scream "That’s my copyright!"
I wonder where that money actually goes, I really wonder. :frowning:

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2661049]I wonder where that money actually goes…[/QUOTE]
Vox, you mean the gov’t wouldn’t give 100% of all those collected payments to the artists and performers?!! Oh, surely they would!! I mean, just look how faithfully the RIAA & Friends pay those people!

yeah… riiiight…

“Minus our 98% administrative fees, 1.999% fund management fees, the 0.0009% monthly rebate fees and the 0.00009% retirement fund withholding plus of course the 0.000009% escrow payment fees… this should leave artists and performers with a collective fortune in the pennies per year. Compounded annually, too.”

Eleanor Rigby had it better.

Of course they would give it all to the artists ChristineBCW, after all we all know that politicians and the like are honest, hard working, Righteous and generous, are they not? The calculations you posted seem to hit the nail straight.
[B][I]
“Minus our 98% administrative fees, 1.999% fund management fees, the 0.0009% monthly rebate fees and the 0.00009% retirement fund withholding plus of course the 0.000009% escrow payment fees… this should leave artists and performers with a collective fortune in the pennies per year. Compounded annually, too.”[/I][/B]
The rest must go somewhere? (Err no need to answer that I’m sure I have just a bit of an idea.)

What a fascist policy.

Hey, it could be worse, at least they aren’t accusing every single one of their customers without proof (oh, wait… yes they are).