Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna

Just picked this up today and tried to make my back copy of this so I can store the orginal and ran into a problem. When I used ClonyXXL to try and detect what the protection was it gave me an error. It said while scanning Starforce 3 @ 1% “A Hardware I/O error was reported while accessing an unnamed file” Any ideas on this? I have the game installed also…

what country are you from…in the U.S. there is no protection other than the exe protected with PEX!

if its starforce 3 where you live thats a pretty heavy duty protection.

Clony gave me the same error at the 1% mark also. And it’s the US version.

Originally posted by Jamos
[B]what country are you from…in the U.S. there is no protection other than the exe protected with PEX!

if its starforce 3 where you live thats a pretty heavy duty protection. [/B]

Yes it is the US verson of the game, and it said StarForce 3 in the status window…so is there any way around it?

Originally posted by Mukikel
Yes it is the US verson of the game, and it said StarForce 3 in the status window…so is there any way around it?

It’s not actually StarForce, that is just what Clony has displayed at the point it errors out. I made a copy of the first disc with Blindwrite, it showed 10 Edc/Ecc errors when I did. I would guess that these errors are what causes Clony the problem. But the copy works fine.

there is not copy protection on this version i copied it with CDMATE using disk duplicate…copied fine.

i have seen it all. CD mate . It has been long time since I seen someone use it.

just messing with ya jamos. :bigsmile:

CD MateROCKS…hehe j/k but it does do well for just burning data cds and copying unprotected ones.

you think thats old …why not try PhantomCd…sort of resembles Alcohol!!

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
you think thats old …why not try PhantomCd…sort of resembles Alcohol!!
Same developer

If there’s no protection beside PeX packer/encryptor :
Could you explain why they put Disc errors on first CD ?

Disc read error at: 994
Disc read error at: 995
Disc read error at: 996
Disc read error at: 997
Disc read error at: 998
Disc read error at: 999
Disc read error at: 1000
Disc read error at: 1001
Disc read error at: 1002
Disc read error at: 1003
Disc read error at: 1004
Disc read error at: 1005
Disc read error at: 1006

Also it seems they have anti BWA or DPM extraction.
(It’s stalling at the 1000 sector…)

==========================================

Can’t it be the new Safedisc FADE protection ? Or can they be planning to release a game update that will enforce the reading of theses bad blocks later on ?

If there’s no protection beside PeX packer/encryptor :
Could you explain why they put Disc errors on first CD ?

Disc read error at: 994
Disc read error at: 995
Disc read error at: 996
Disc read error at: 997
Disc read error at: 998
Disc read error at: 999
Disc read error at: 1000
Disc read error at: 1001
Disc read error at: 1002
Disc read error at: 1003
Disc read error at: 1004
Disc read error at: 1005
Disc read error at: 1006

Also it seems they have anti BWA or DPM extraction.
(It’s stalling at the 1000 sector…)

==========================================

Can’t it be the new Safedisc FADE protection ? Or can they be planning to release a game update that will enforce the reading of theses bad blocks later on ?

I read an nfo that said game was protected by Smarte. It also suggested to use safedisc(2) datatype to back it up.

I know alcohol won’t do dpm if there are errors on the cd. Probably the same is true for bwa builder.

Any error skipping must be automatic

the game is protected by the ol’ SafeDisc 1 version
…if you run either .exe with SafeDisc analyzer it needs the .exe and and .icd file

=whoot and until we meet again=

the game is protected by the ol’ SafeDisc v1…just need to find where the .icd file is hidden at so i can get an exact version with SafeDisc Analyzer

i cannot agree with ya…it is SafeDisc v1 or v2…look at the contents of the first cd; 2 .tmp files and the few errors that are physically present on the cd…also…SafeDisc Analyzer needs an .icd file to when checking both .exe’s

=whoot and until we meet again=

Sounds like it’s old safedisc 1 or safedisc lite (which, if my memory serves me, was used on disc 1 of the original dungeon siege).

just need to find the .icd file…that tricky file…then ill be able to get the exact SD version

This game is not protected with Safedisc !

Safedisc 1/2/3 games always have a file 00000001.TMP (2 kb or less), and sometimes 00000002.TMP (about 300 kb), in the root directory of the protected cd. You can copy these files to your HDD.
But on this cd you can see 00001.TMP and 00002.TMP and you can NOT copy them.

@ Jamos: you said the main EXE is packed with PEX. Where do you get that information from ? I scanned it with some protection scanners, but they couldn’t detect any protection.

My conclusion: this is a new copy protection.