Dune to home cinema question

I recently got a Dune Max Hd and am assuming that i would need to use the Optical Digital output in order to get anything like surround sound,Anybody have usefull info please?

You have three options.

1. Optical cable.

2. HDMI cable.

3. Use the 5.1 and 7.1 analog audio connections. (You will need a Receiver that will support this.)

:cool::cool:

I should have asked which receiver to use, I dont want to spend a great deal and a 5 channel system is as far as i would go,I don’t know which output i should use for this.

[QUOTE=binky101;2648339]I should have asked which receiver to use, I dont want to spend a great deal and a 5 channel system is as far as i would go,I don’t know which output i should use for this.[/QUOTE]

What sort of budget did you have in mind?

[B]Wombler[/B]

I dont have a problem with cost (within reason) I usually try to find the minimum cost and go from there, My Dune Max has Optical and Digital outputs but a Kenwood av amp I have had for years doesn’t have such inputs,I came across a second hand Pioneer surround system but it included a dvd player to provide the sound and didn’t have an input that my Dune could use other than L and R stereo.