Duel Remote Problems

Hi there this is my first post so I hope someone out there can help.
The problem is that I have two Panasonic HDD-DVD recorder / players,
DMR-EX87 and DMR-EH55 and I want to use both however when I use the remote it activates both recorders, a bit difficult if you are about to record two different programs at the same time. I would like to be able to use each machines allocated remote without activating both units at the same time. Other than blocking the infra red signal alternately one at a time I cannot find a solution to the problem. I am sure that if there is a way to overcome this difficulty someone out there will have an answer for me. Thanking you in anticipation. Shibumi.

See your Operating Instructions table of contents entry “When other Panasonic products respond to this remote control” for specific instructions for setting the remote control code for your model(s).

Once the control code for one of your machines has been changed it is a simple matter to change the control code for that machine’s remote to match that of the machine.

If you no longer have the Operating Instructions these may be found on the Panasonic Support website. These are PDF files, easily viewed with Adobe Acrobat.

Thanks DigaDo, I’ll see if I can find it in the manual, I only purchased the EX-87 yesterday. Shibumi.

Bingo, I have found it and am adjusting remote to suite the corresponding unit. Many thanks DigaDo a good result for a Newbie. Shibumi.