Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Says Being Gay Is A Sin

vbimport

Duck Dynasty’ Star Phil Robertson Makes Anti-Gay Remarks, Says Being Gay Is A Sin

Here what he said:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine," he later added. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers – they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

A@E is going to loose this show, because this man spoke what he thought is right. I hope someone does not make this political post that is not my intent, but to say a person on a TV show on his on time cannot say what he thinks is a sin is wrong. We are headed for the old Burger King ad that said ( Have it your way). I do not watch this show not my bag of tea but he had every right to say what he thought is right. I for one will leave it up to God to judge sin. We know also have Judge In Utah blocking most of the law against polygyny. There must be a balance to all this.

I would have liked to have seen a video of the actual interview with Phil Robertson .
So far all I have seen are what the media reports he said.
I’m not saying they haven’t reported accurately but I would like to hear it for myself.
I can’t speak for other religions but this is what the Holy Bible that I use the KJV has to say about homosexuality . These are not all of the scriptures just some of them .
As a Christian my beliefs are the same as what the Holy Bible says.
So I agree with Phil Robertson on homosexuals. His beleifs on this agree with what is in the Holy Bible .
I don’t know what other religions might teach . I don’t care much as I have no intention of converting to any religion but Christian.
Since the old Testament has scriptures that I quoted . I think Judaism is also against homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26-32

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

The way I read it the Bible calls for the death penalty for the act of homosexuality.
That about sums it up .

Here is one quote from the GQ interview that indicates a little better what he thinks regarding sinners.

[B][I]“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job,” Robertson told GQ. “We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus – whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later.”[/I][/B]

What really gets me about this whole thing, is that new channels on both sides make a big deal out of what someone says is his believes . Then we get talking mouths from both sides adding there 2 cents. The USA is heading for big trouble if we do not turnout things like this. I should be able to call you a horses ass on my time and not have it affect my job. I do not think we want our government telling us what we can say or not say, then news media should not be allowed to either. It all about a story to fill in the time. 90 percent of what is on news today I want to say who cares. Go back to sleep news people if you cannot find something important to report.

The world is obsessed by celebrities, and that comes at a price for the celebrities.
They are often labelled as role models, and people of influence. Therefore they should be careful of what they say.
It comes with the job, and if they can’t stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen.

In this case, was Phil Robertson so stupid that he didn’t know what he would say would go viral? Or was he using his status as a celebrity to push his own agenda?

What’s really funny to me is that everyone is talking about his comments about homosexuality, but almost nothing about his “happy darkies” comments.

[QUOTE=cholla;2713881]I would have liked to have seen a video of the actual interview with Phil Robertson .
So far all I have seen are what the media reports he said.
I’m not saying they haven’t reported accurately but I would like to hear it for myself.
I can’t speak for other religions but this is what the Holy Bible that I use the KJV has to say about homosexuality . These are not all of the scriptures just some of them .
As a Christian my beliefs are the same as what the Holy Bible says.
So I agree with Phil Robertson on homosexuals. His beleifs on this agree with what is in the Holy Bible .
I don’t know what other religions might teach . I don’t care much as I have no intention of converting to any religion but Christian.
Since the old Testament has scriptures that I quoted . I think Judaism is also against homosexuality.
Leviticus 18:22

Leviticus 20:13

Romans 1:26-32
1 Corinthians 6:9

The way I read it the Bible calls for the death penalty for the act of homosexuality.
That about sums it up .[/QUOTE]

[B]Matthew 7:1-6
[/B]

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

This line fits for you. You already judge someone without knowing whom they really are and this is Unchristian in the eye of God or Jesus. Your making judgements already and this tells of one’s bias against another human being and using the Bible to justify your own beliefs without any understanding of the truth is the teaching and not something to use to rule over another person and I highly doubt that was what Jesus was teaching us.

@ coolcolors , I thought this scripture would come up. I was going to cover it in response to Phil Robertson’s " We let God sort ‘em out later "

Like many you only quote the first part & even it begins to describe how this is not a command against judging others .
This scripture is actually a warning against hypocrisy.
In verse 2 it says a person will be judged the same amount that he judges others.
That means don’t commit the same sin as another then judge them as wrong for commiting the same sin. If you don’t commit the same sin you are making a judgement about then there is nothing to “measure” in your judgement that will be against you.
Now to add verses 3, 4, &5 to complete the context:

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Mote is straw & beam is a plank of wood.
It enforces the meaning of verses 1 & 2 .
It tells me first to remove the sin that I’m making the judgement about from my life & I’m sure it means all sin as much as possible. We are told we all sin. Then I can “see clearly” how to “cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye” . That doesn’t say not to make the judgement it says not to be a hypocrit when doing it. How else does a brother that is sinning know that he is sinning.
So nothing “UnChristian '” or against the teaching of Jesus against making a judgement if the scripture is followed.
Now a further comment on this scripture. It is almost always used as a club to shut a Christian up. Especially when someone doesn’t like what the Christian is saying. Even more so when they back it up with scripture.

I also take some exception to this:

using the Bible to justify your own beliefs

If I quote scripture I’m using the Bible to support what I have understood by reading it. These are not only my own beliefs they are verses from the Bible they are as valid as the scripture you quoted .
And IMO misunderstand.

Here is another thought . If you coolcolors believe a Christian is not supposed to judge . Didn’t your post make judgements about me ?
Should all the Christians be able to use this to be exempt from jury duty ?
If you are in a court do you want a jury that has no Christians on it ?
I think the answer to those would be no. So why would judgeing be OK for jury duty for breaking the law but not for sin ?

To further support this:
1 Corinthians 5:9-13

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

This is about judging fellow Christians & letting God judge non-Christians .
Christians = those within & brother (also sister) in Christ .
Non-Christians = those without.
Even them I must make some judgement to know which ones are “without”.
There is considerably more in this scripture but I’m just using this part because this post is already getting long.
1 Corinthians 6:3

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

[QUOTE=negritude;2713913]What’s really funny to me is that everyone is talking about his comments about homosexuality, but almost nothing about his “happy darkies” comments.[/QUOTE]
This would be off the topic of this thread.
However I would be interested in seeing a quote of Phil Robertson’s where he used the term: “happy darkies” .
I think this is what others have added & not an actual quote.

[QUOTE=samlar;2713902]What really gets me about this whole thing, is that new channels on both sides make a big deal out of what someone says is his believes . Then we get talking mouths from both sides adding there 2 cents. The USA is heading for big trouble if we do not turnout things like this. I should be able to call you a horses ass on my time and not have it affect my job. I do not think we want our government telling us what we can say or not say, then news media should not be allowed to either. It all about a story to fill in the time. 90 percent of what is on news today I want to say who cares. Go back to sleep news people if you cannot find something important to report.[/QUOTE]
The news media has the same right as an individual to freedom of speech . This is how it should be.
The control is a lawsuit for libel or slander. That will only be successful if what the news media reports can be proved false.

[QUOTE=Dee;2713910] In this case, was Phil Robertson using his status as a celebrity to push his own agenda?[/QUOTE]
I shortened what Dee posted a bit.

What Phil Robertson did was try to teach Christian morals .
That is what Christains are told to do is teach about Jesus & what he instructed us about what is right .
Phil Robertson was & is “pushing” Jesus’s agenda not his own.
He seems to be willing to take the consequences for doing that.

I have e-mailed A&E that I will no longer watch their network in support of Phil Robertson . I hope more Christians will do the same. I haven’t yet went as far as making a list of A&E sponsers to contact. Stating the same about purchasing their products.
If every Christian in the US did the same I think he would be back on his show so fast we wouldn’t have time to blink.
The problem is we as Christians usually don’t get together & do this.
We need to.

[QUOTE=cholla;2713936]The news media has the same right as an individual to freedom of speech . This is how it should be.
The control is a lawsuit for libel or slander. That will only be successful if what the news media reports can be proved false.[/QUOTE]

You are right but I did not say the new media did not have the right of free speech but they make a big story out of something little just to have something to report. We also have a right not to watch the new media and a bigger group of us have stopped the last few years.

[QUOTE=negritude;2713913]What’s really funny to me is that everyone is talking about his comments about homosexuality, but almost nothing about his “happy darkies” comments.[/QUOTE]

Your right but the happy darkies comment was an old comment and to me only proves his ignorance. I was pretty ignorant about this until I went to the deep south and saw three rest rooms at service stations one for male one for female and one for blacks. Also when a black child ask me for a case dime and someone had to tell me that white people would give a black child all pennies in change. Also when I went to a barber shop of a black person who was a customer of mine to get him to cut my hair and he walked me out and said Jerry you should not be here it not done in South Carolina. We come a long way from this but some memory has faded in time. I just think the new media needs to stop making such a big deal out of what someone says. Find something important to report.

By the way thanks everyone for keeping politics out of this post we have had some great post added to this without getting off topic.

[QUOTE=Dee;2713910]The world is obsessed by celebrities, and that comes at a price for the celebrities.
They are often labelled as role models, and people of influence. Therefore they should be careful of what they say.
It comes with the job, and if they can’t stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen.

In this case, was Phil Robertson so stupid that he didn’t know what he would say would go viral? Or was he using his status as a celebrity to push his own agenda?[/QUOTE]

I would say that in 99% of these situations economics dictate the outcome. It is in A&E’s interest to keep the TV series going. The unknown at this point is whether the Robertson’s are going to put their religion ahead of making money.

I completely agree with your comment about standing the heat or getting out of the kitchen. Robertson said nothing in this interview that he hasn’t been saying for years in his sermons and speeches. There are plenty of videos on Youtube of him saying these things and A&E knows this.

IMO, A&E has much more to loose than the Robertsons. Even gay people are condemning them for suspending Phil Robertson. Camille Paglia is one of the country’s most respect columnist who happens to be gay and she has said the following regarding Robertson and the gay community’s reaction to his comments.
[I][B]
“I speak with authority here, because I was openly gay before the ‘Stonewall rebellion,’ when it cost you something to be so. And I personally feel as a libertarian that people have the right to free thought and free speech,” Paglia, a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, said on Laura Ingraham’s radio show Thursday.

“In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality — as I one hundred percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again they have a right of religious freedom there,” she added.

“To express yourself in a magazine in an interview — this is the level of punitive PC, utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist, OK, that my liberal colleagues in the Democratic Party and on college campuses have supported and promoted over the last several decades,” Paglia said. “This is the whole legacy of free speech 1960’s that have been lost by my own party.”

Paglia went on to point out that while she is an atheist she respects religion and has been frustrated by the intolerance of gay activists.

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said. “This is not the mark of a true intellectual life. This is why there is no cultural life now in the U.S. Why nothing is of interest coming from the major media in terms of cultural criticism. Why the graduates of the Ivy League with their A, A, A+ grades are complete cultural illiterates, etc. is because they are not being educated in any way to give respect to opposing view points.”

“There is a dialogue going on human civilization, for heaven sakes. It’s not just this monologue coming from fanatics who have displaced the religious beliefs of their parents into a political movement,” she added. “And that is what happened to feminism, and that is what happened to gay activism, a fanaticism.”[/B][/I]

[QUOTE=cholla;2713939] The problem is we as Christians usually don’t get together & do this.
We need to.[/QUOTE]I’m Christian and heterosexual, but I’m not going to judge someone on their sexual preference. I believe in live at let live, and a persons sexual preference does not make them any less of a person.
So please don’t use the [B]“we”[/B] as Christians banner, because I certainly don’t think the way you do.

That will be the second wave of criticism when outrage over the gay remarks subside. I don’t see his remarks on blacks as being a racial slur in any way. IMO, they show a lack of understanding of the repression of blacks during his childhood.

I think he was speaking on his personal experience while working side by side with blacks in that time and place. If anything he was commenting on how he thinks welfare and other such programs have not made the lives of blacks any happier than when he was young. I didn’t take that he was saying inequality was non existent then. Just that when blacks were less reliant on welfare and were more religious they were happier, in general. It is his opinion and I don’t see it as being a racist comment.

One thing I am nearly 100% sure of is that Phil Robertson is not a racist. If anything, his comments regarding blacks show that in many respects he identifies himself with the black community during his youth. Especially from an economic aspect and religious aspect.

Here is supposedly the view of the Robertson family on this matter:

[B][I]Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson and his family believe they have been ‘hung out to dry’ by TV network A&E after he was suspended for homophobic comments made in a magazine interview, MailOnline can reveal.

Sources within the close-knit Louisiana clan say they are convinced A&E are manipulating the controversial situation to bring them – and particularly Robertson – back into line after Television executives grew tired of the family pushing their deeply-held, Christian beliefs.

They also think the network could have done something to stop the controversial GQ article being made public, because an A&E representative was present during the interview with patriarch, Roberston, 67.

A source close to the family, who asked not to be named, told MailOnline: ‘You have to ask yourself, why this interview happened and why it ever became public. Someone from A&E was there and was aware of the kind of answers Phil was giving.

‘But despite that, they didn’t ever try to stop it or control it. Instead, they let it hit the headlines and then released a statement condemning it.

‘It is our belief that they knew what was going to happen and then used the situation to exercise control over Phil.

‘It is our understanding that when the TV executives came up with the concept for the show they wanted it to be a case of people laughing at a bunch of backward rednecks.

‘But when it didn’t turn out like that and people actually started identifying with the way the family behaved and were laughing with them, not at them, they became uncomfortable. It did not sit will with the New York TV types.

‘We believe they were also uncomfortable with the family’s insistence that there would be a strong religious presence in the show. They knew Phil was the driving force behind this and we think they have used this situation to bring him in line so they could steer the show back down the path they originally intended for it.

‘But they may have underestimated how united the family are and how committed they are to their beliefs. They also didn’t realize how much support Phil would get from the public, so things have backfired on them.’[/I][/B]

They might be right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527430/Hung-dry-Duck-Dynasty-star-family-lash-A-E-making-controversial-interview-public-suspending-homophobic-comments.html