Dubbing from VHS to DVD on DVD-VR375

vbimport

I hope some of experienced users of this combo unit can help me.
My friend purchased this combo model as she wanted to save all her VHS tapes to DVD. I recommended her this product as I thought it would solve her problems.
I assisted her in her attempts to dub few VHS tapes to DVDs and we encountered a problem that we could not solve.

We wanted to dub 4 hours video tape to one DVD but only approx. 2 hours fitted. Then I decided to buy DVD double layer disck, thinking that if a regular DVD disk fits 2 hours, then double layer will be perfect for 4 hours. But I was wrong. Again, only 2 hours was recorded on double layer disk. Only the quality was automatically changed to HQ even though we would prefer lower quality but to fit 4 hours to one DVD disk.

While in recording TV program to DVD or VHS, I can change the quality of recording (SP, LP, HQ etc.), I couldn’t figure out how to do it while dubbing from VHS to DVD.

Has anyone encountered this problem and resolved it?

Regards

vkolaj

Looking at the manual, it doesn’t tell you how to do this. However I wonder whether the machine is set to ‘Auto’ mode, in which case it will fill the disk at the highest quality possible.

Have you tried manually setting the mode to LP, as if you going to record something from the TV, then switching to the VCR -> DVD dubbing mode and looking to see if the LP setting is used?

I left the last seetings when recorded tv program on VHS on LP and it did the same thing. I didn’t do Save if it was possible or at least I didn’t see it. I just manually changed to LP, recorded program to VHS, then went to dubbing Video to DVD and the result was the same. If you find out if there is a way to save settings even in VHS recording mode, please let me know.

Cheers

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2530469]Looking at the manual, it doesn’t tell you how to do this. However I wonder whether the machine is set to ‘Auto’ mode, in which case it will fill the disk at the highest quality possible.

Have you tried manually setting the mode to LP, as if you going to record something from the TV, then switching to the VCR -> DVD dubbing mode and looking to see if the LP setting is used?[/QUOTE]