Dual SATA Burner Buffer Problem

vbimport

Hello,

I have just purchased two Optiarc 7240s drives. I have had a big problem so far with dual burns. When using Nero or two instances of IMG Burn, the device buffers for both drives alternate rapidly. The fastest I can get them to burn is 4x when i am attempting 8x.

FYI:
Media = verbatim dvd+r
Motherboard = ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
Processor = AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
Memory = G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

OS = windows 7 64bit
Hard Drive = Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB (the hard drive buffers are always 100% full… it’s a device buffer issue)

Ideas? :confused:

Burn at 4x :smiley:

I honestly don’t know why this hasn’t been overcome. There are standalone duplicators that can do 10+ discs simultaneously but we can’t do the same with a fast PC. The program ‘burnaware professional’ says it can do it but I haven’t played with it yet.

IMGburn has a ‘que’ capability where it can burn to one drive, then when finished burn to the second drive.

So I played with burnaware professional a little and its nothing special, don’t bother with it.

thanks. i just tried it a little while ago… burnaware pro is terrible for this purpose.

That is normal for the buffer levels to fluctuate on the 7240S I have one and the
buffer does the same thing up and down. It doesn’t matter what speed you burn
at it will still fluctuate @ 4x or 24x same thing. I can use all 4 of my burners at
the same time and burn from 4 different hdd’s and the 3 Samsung burners buffer’s
will remain @93-99% where as the 7240S’s buffer will fluctuate from 5% to 99%
or I can use it alone and the same thing happens on the buffer 5% to 99% so it is
just a normal occurrence for the Sony Optiarc AD-7240S to do that nothing major to
worry about. :disagree: