Dual processor/hyper threading

I have a Dual Xeon system that is also Hyper threading, is there any dvd burning software out ther that will take advanatge of this?

Please send me an emain at trae@dallasmicro.com is you have any answers. thanks

hyperthreading is not something that dvd burning software would take advantage of. what performance gains would there be?

Im not sure, but the converting process of nero takes over 2 hours in most cases. Then another hour-ish to burn. It would be nice if it was some way faster on a dual xeon system.

i don’t think nero is capable of using dual processors, and there’s nothing u can do about making a drive write faster than it’s capable of.

its not the burn process I am worried about its the file conversion process. I burned a 1 hour MPEG last night and it took 2 hours to convert the file before it started burning.

ahhh, wondering about the transcoding ;). lemme move this, then, and see if anyone else knows.

Some encoding software I understand can use dual processors but from what I’ve read there is only a very small gain in performance overall.

Has to be optimized for SMP… dunno maybe we’ll see something with IC8.

I built a 3 Ghz Dual Xeon computer and can backup a main title DVD to hard disk using CloneDVD in about 30-45 minutes and then burn in about 8-10 min (4X).
Two hours is way too much!

Originally posted by fmuakkassa
I built a 3 Ghz Dual Xeon computer and can backup a main title DVD to hard disk using CloneDVD in about 30-45 minutes and then burn in about 8-10 min (4X).
Two hours is way too much!

I aint taking the micky but my Pentium3 800 does it in pretty much the same time :o