Dual Layer

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-Q840U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a suggestion regarding dual layer burning. I would like to be able to choose as an option to have the layer break at a change in chapters rather than randomly assigned by the program, the chapter break chosen by me.
Thank You

[QUOTE=jimspencr7;2311809][qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-Q840U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a suggestion regarding dual layer burning. I would like to be able to choose as an option to have the layer break at a change in chapters rather than randomly assigned by the program, the chapter break chosen by me.
Thank You[/QUOTE]

If you want to choose your own layer break location then just change the burn engine from VSO to ImgBurn, which can be done in common settings-> Write…
Course you will need ImgBurn installed first which shouldn’t be a problem since it is freeware :smiley:

Check out the guide below in my signature called “Setup” :slight_smile:

As SJ said, there is no utility within VSO to manually set a layer break, so you’ll have to use Img. It’s a much superior burn engine anyway…more reliable and much more configurable.

Img will populate a list of layer break locations, but you can set it manually as well. It also has the option to preview the cell.

[QUOTE=jimspencr7;2311809][qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-Q840U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a suggestion regarding dual layer burning. I would like to be able to choose as an option to have the layer break at a change in chapters rather than randomly assigned by the program, the chapter break chosen by me.
Thank You[/QUOTE]

SJ and Maineman are certainly right about the necessity of Imgburn if you want to set your own layer breaks, independent of the program’s choices, but you’ve got me curious.

Why do you want to use a chapter boundary as the determining factor for a layer break?

I’m not so sure even Imgburn could pick one of those off, as there is no physical division in the files between chapters, there is no flag in the VOB files as your player works its way through that tells the system -“Here’s a new chapter!”

Chapter breaks are just part of the navigation data contained at the beginning of the disk, and can be used as a start point, or can be referenced part way through to forward to or back up to a specific point (defined by the chapter start point), and whether the chapter is whole on a layer, or split between two layers, makes no difference.

Sorry, just curious as to why you want to do it this way, as opposed to the programs selection for layer break.

OC

:slight_smile: