DVD player(DVP-NS501P)which plays the original dual layer
disk with no problem, I get a “The disc is dirty” error
message and the disk can’t be played. I am recording at the
2x setting (the burner is rated at 4x for DL) and have the
+R DL type output selected with quality showing as
excellent. I have tried this twice and the same problem
occurs. When I make a single layer +R copy of the original
DVD (poor video quality) I do not get the above error
message and the single layer copy plays with no problem.

AnyDVD v5.2.7.2
CloneDVD2 v2.8.4.1
Memorex Internal DVD DL Burner model 16+/-DL4RWID2
Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x disks

Any help is appreciated.

Do you’ve tried to change the booktype to DVD-Rom?

Is that a setting in AnyDVD or CloneDVD2? I can’t seem to locate it in any settings or preferences menu for either program. I did get the following information from AnyDVD after loading the DVD:

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

I think, but i’m not sure that clonedvd set booktype automatically for DL media to Rom,
but like i said before in other threads, it’s not a guarantee, that the dvdplayer read the
media. It’s only for a higher compatibility :wink:

OK, just found out that the +R DL Verbatim disk I burned does playback in the memorex +R DL burner. Also found out from videohelp.com that the Sony DVP-NS501P does not play +R DL disks. Does anyone know how to change the book type so I can try playing my burned DVD as a DVD-ROM as was suggested earlier?

In your post above, the booktype of your media is already -rom :wink:

rapid_fire - You’re right. I think that earlier information was incorrect. I rechecked and AnyDVD now shows:

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

I think the earlier erroneous post was for my other drive which had a dvd in it. Sorry about that. I’m thinking about returning the dual layer burner to CompUSA unless I can find a reasonably priced DVD player that can read +R DL discs. At this point I think CloneDVD2 and ANYDVD are working just fine.

CloneDvd and Anydvd are a very good combination. You don’t need to return your burner,
there are many cheap dvd players, which reads most of all possible formats included divx,
the media you used for DL is good. Alternative to burn the dl media with booktype settings are for example Nero or Dvddecrypter. And for dvd players and their media compatibility just have a look at videohelp.com :wink: