Dual layer change problems

vbimport

I just read a thread at another forum where someone had a problem with DVD players reading movies from after the layer change.

The problems were from reading DL discs burnt with the LG 4160B. The Pioneer A08 was fine apparently. Both were written to Verbatim DL media.

Has anyone else had trouble with this? Specifically, I want to get the BenQ1620 and was wondering if it had this problem with the 2nd layer too.

Never heard of such a problem. Maybe it was just a crappy burn, as usually the layer change is an area where errors often occur, or the LG recorder might need a firmware update to work better with that Verbatim DL media.

By the way, the BenQ1620 is one of the best drives you can get.

The BenQ is ‘one of the best’ or is it THE BEST drive to get? I wont be getting one just yet but within 3 months. I assume there will be newer drives out at that stage!

I have a lot of DVD +R media so thats why I am looking at the BenQ. I am mainly burning movies. Any other drives I should look at?

I own one and highly reccomend the BenQ but do stick with good quality media, Verbatim DL discs are good and it works best with + & - R branded very well.

I had a good deal on a Plextor 716A and will post a comparison shortly when it arrives and has learnt my media, mainly got it for its ability to self adapt to unknown media and Gigarecord.

hello,i purchased a samsung dual layer dvd burner & cannot burn dvd movies,it reads the movie but has problems writing the movie.After attempting to write the dvd i get a error message,it says go to view log for error discription.out of 30 recordable disc i was only able to burn 10 dvd disc.it seemed to do better on -dvd recordable disc & in the process of recording my samsung burner would not even recognize the +dvd recordable disk,sometimes the +dvd disc would burn 1 hour 20min dvds & most times it would not.i have did the firmware tSO6 update.i had originaly had tSO4 version.Please help.my dell tech help line has had me reformatt my computor numerous times but that has not helped with my problem.i have windows xp home edition.