Dual Layer Burning problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi gang … i probally have a dumb question , but for the life of me i cant figure out what i’m doing wrong here .

i just bought a Samsung " Dvd Writer - SH-S203 " burner . it supports Dual Layer +r 16X / etc etc …

now , I’musing NERO 8.1.1.4 , trying to burn a DATA Disc / Dual Layer . The file i am trying to fit on the disc is 8.22 GB (8,830,849,740 bytes) , and i keep getting the " file wont fit on the disc , please insert a new disc blah blah blah ERROR " The Discs i’m using are memorex DVD+R DL 8.5GB . now , i’m not a rocket scientist but isnt my DL Disc greater than the file i’m trying to burn ???

is there something i’m missing here ? any help would be GREATLY appreciated .

THANKS IN ADVANCE .

Imgburn will tell you the actual capacity of the disk in the little window to the right of the main window.

If you are burning an iso file, you can select burn image, as the iso file is raw, not just a plain data file, so the actual content may be less.

Unfortunately, memorex rebadge some of the worst media known to mankind … and the only reliable DL DVDR are made by Verbatim.

Other DL media … just doesn’t work.

The actual amount of data you can put on them is 7.96GiB…look at this entry over at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd

Just as a hard drive may be rated 500gb and only holds 465gb.

By the way, don’t use Memorex DL media if you can possibly help it. The only reliable double layer disks is made by Mitsubishi and sold under the Verbatim brand.

You could read this.

EDIT: too slow.

thanks for your guy’s help . Its greatly appreciated .