Dual Layer brand to buy

Hi

I am embarking on copying some family VHS videos onto DVD.

I have everything I require except I need to buy some middle of the road to top end Dual Layer Blank DVDs.

Any recommendations for brand to buy, I am in the UK.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=washac;2306242]Hi

I have everything I require except I need to buy some middle of the road to top end Dual Layer Blank DVDs.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Seems I forgot to check the forums before posting.

Verbatim it is then :slight_smile:

If you have an older drive, Verbatim 2.4X, made in Singapore would be the ones I suggest. If your drive is newer, then the Verbatim 2.4X or 8X would be fine.

I get reliable results from Infiniti D/L discs

Could you post a link to some of the scans you have done on these?

[QUOTE=washac;2306242]Hi

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Do yourself a favor and stick to quality SL discs. Your burns will probably be better as will compatibility with various DVD players.

As for DUAL LAYER its TY, for Double Layer its MKM alias Verbatim/Mitsubishi.

sorry, Beef Barley, I have never done scans! is that a frightful admission?
I just rely on a replay check of each copy, either in my computer, or on my Panny DVD player. I do follow everyone’s advice and use Verbatim SD discs almost exclusively!
While Verb D/L blanks are reliable for sure, their cost means I use other sources.Beemacdee

[QUOTE=beemacdee;2306676]sorry, Beef Barley, I have never done scans! is that a frightful admission?
I just rely on a replay check of each copy, either in my computer, or on my Panny DVD player. I do follow everyone’s advice and use Verbatim SD discs almost exclusively!
While Verb D/L blanks are reliable for sure, their cost means I use other sources.Beemacdee[/QUOTE]

No worries, I have a few Philips DLs kicking around myself, but main are Verbatims.