Dual layer 16X?

I just wonder, i am new to the movie making buissniess, but they tend to be rather largo so a 4,7 just is,nt enough anymore, i need dual layer. But i am only able to find 8X dual layers, Will that make the video suck ? or did i just not look hard enough for 16X dual layers?

How about telling us what equipment you have, what programs you are using & more info on what these 8X blanks are? If you are worried about size, here’s one option. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Posts #77 & #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

I believe that “16x DL” makes no sense.

[QUOTE=cfyra;2214232]Will that make the video suck ? or did i just not look hard enough for 16X dual layers?[/QUOTE]

The rated speed of media has no influence at all in terms of quality.

Some burners already support 16x DVD+R DL media, but the media is not available (yet).

[QUOTE=Womi;2214472]The rated speed of media has no influence at all in terms of quality.

Some burners already support 16x DVD+R DL media, but the media is not available (yet).[/QUOTE]

Heck, I’d be happy enough if they did a good job and made most 8x DL media burn well at 8x! :rolleyes: 4x with non-Verbatim media takes too long IMHO. Only MKM media does really well at 8x (with consistency). :frowning: Fix the current media first before making more expensive 16x DL media!!! :a

Oops, sorry for the rant. :stuck_out_tongue: A 2-hour video compressed at VBR MPEG-2 with AC3/PCM will fit well within ~8GB of a DL disc with the best possible quality. It’ll even fit on a SL ~4.38GB if compressed using a quality encoder on VBR mode, better yet if it is done with multiple passes. So no, it’s primarily due to the MPEG encoder’s settings and processing quality that determines if a video will “suck”.

[QUOTE=Womi;2214472]The rated speed of media has no influence at all in terms of quality.

Some burners already support 16x DVD+R DL media, but the media is not available (yet).[/QUOTE]

DL will be a dead technology soon because Blue ray is just around the corner and alot of OEM Blueray disc will flood the market very soon. :smiley:

Actually Blu-Ray is already here, but since the drives and media are still (and will be) too expensive for most people, DVDs and DL are still effective optical solutions. Not everyone’s jumping to Blu-Ray immediately since it’s a yet unproven long-term backup/storage solution. Losing 25GB (or 50GB!) of critical data due to unstable discs is too much of a risk to take.